1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

way OT: ebay seller e-mail set-up

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by wangho75, Apr 26, 2005.

1. wangho75

wangho75 Member

ok, this is way OT but I'm hoping someone here may know what e-mail provider is seen as a local e-mail such as you would get from an ISP. I'm on a LAN so we don't get local e-mails and I get my e-mail through hotmail. I had a seller account using hotmail after I verified the account with my credit card but a few weeks later they closed everything down on me saying that my e-mail is not verified for some reason. Getting that cleared up is a hassle because I after I spent all this time on ebay trying to find where to go to talk to the right person, I never got a response. Im trying to go headache free this time and was wondering if there are e-mail accounts that you can pay for which are seen as a local and verified e-mail account so I can avoid these troubles. No, I was not selling anything illegal. Thanks

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Please do not post something like this in the [bold]DVD Video-Authoring[/bold] forum again - thanks !

If you get a paypal account [using hotmail if you like , have done it myself so know for a fact that you can] then you should be able to use e-Bay successfully.
    Although after a certain amount of transactions you may be asked by PayPal to get a better account , so may have to add credit card to your details on PayPal [aslong as you are virus/spyware free etc & see the HTTPS url start you know you're hot to trot].

3. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I only signed up to e-bay a few weeks ago and it wouldn't let me use my hotmail address.
    It wasn't a problem for me as I have others.

Hello Herbs.