1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

way to find if pstwo is faulty older version

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Gruelius, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Gruelius

Gruelius Member

Well ive looked around and found out about how there have been pstwos that have had lazer problems and some that have been fixed by sony. I asked a salesman who said that sony had fixed them and people are selling backstock of dodgy ones. Ive devised a few tests, only do these if you have your warranty and havnt modded ur pstwo and are assured that u will get ur money back if its broken. First im going to run 24 hour loops of a purple faced dvd movie in my ps2 to test if the laser can handle the media. I will after that run my game in a 24 hour loop to see if it works still. Im wanting to know if this will stress and break the lazer on dodgy ones or all ones?
    Gruelius

2. KCJester

KCJester Member

running any PS2 for 48 hours straight is not recommended, I think the manual that comes with the Sony PS2 says something like no longer then 5-8 hours of continuous use, but I am not 100% sure. I would definatley like to see the results of your expiriment. Good Luck

3. Gruelius

Gruelius Member

oka
    it can do 6 hours of burnout 3 only problem is my hands cant cope so im watching irobot on a purple bottom disc. If i give it to sony i will get a refurbished lazer/machine but if i give it to myers i get 100% cash back so i am on a hardcore test path cause it should last at least 3 hours each day with burnt media.