1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way to get new DVD's with menus

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by carltmac, Jan 27, 2007.

1. carltmac

carltmac Member

I followwed a guide to backup a new DVD and it worked fine, the only thing is that it only coppied to video and not the menu's. I am wonderring how and what programs to use to backup NEW DVD's (on a DVD 5 I think that is what they are called) with all of the menu's and things? Thank you.

2. seadale

seadale Regular member

What programs are you using to back-up your movies.

3. carltmac

carltmac Member

4. seadale

seadale Regular member

there are a few movies where basicaly you have to copy movie only, because of bogas files they put in to make backing up difficult. this is the case with saw 3. i rip with dvd decrypter (mode file f). usually i get a full movie in the next process (dvdshrink), unless i use reauthor mode. i click backup if i want the full meal deal. are you using reauthor in shrink? if you want the full movie don't use reauthor, use back-up or full disk. not sure where your going wrong? sorry i'm not of more help.

5. carltmac

carltmac Member

I am useing Back Up in DVD Shrink but I think it might be because of the new movie's and there like protection things maybe. If you have the time can you describe the proccess that you use to back up your movies from the second you put your DVD in the DVD Drive? I know this sounds dumb and there are probably Thread's about this but I haven't been able to find one (Usseing the Search) to fit my problem.

6. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Again...PacMan777's mini guide will take you there...send him a thank you when it works!!!!!!!!!! You will want to use the full disk option (when you get to the Shrink portion) and not re-author. You do this by just choosing backup and not going into the re-author tab.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  7. seadale

seadale Regular member

the way i back-up my movies is for the most part this way. 90% of the time. i rip movies to hd using dvddecrypter, with anydvd running in the background, clicking mode the file f @ the top. I believe it is very important if you are serious about backing up your movies that you start by getting your 21day free trial of Anydvd & purchase it after that. You get free updates for life to handle the encryptions ect of the newer movies.. I'm no expert but you must have some sort of box ticked in dvd decrypter that is ripping the movie only. Mabe one of our resident experts can chime in on that. I always back up whole move unless i make a change in reauther mode in shrink. Here is one of many guides you may want to study concerning shrink, there are many other guides if you click guides @ the top of the page. http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/how_to_copy_dvd_with_dvd_shrink_page_2.cfm another free program you will most definatley want is voblanker. This is an excellent program, which will rid you of bogas files ect. Sometimes i cant use shrink until i run the ripped movie files through voblanker, on some of the protected movies. i then take the processed voblanker file & continue with shrink. i have my process set up where i autoburn with nero after shrink does its thing. But if not use dvddecrypter in write mode to burn to disk. i hope this helps you.

8. carltmac

carltmac Member

WOW! Thank's a lot for such a thourogh explaination. I am only haveing one problem haha, when I DL the RipIt4Me program it doesn't seem to be installing it seems like one of those app's that you don't install but you can just use? I thought I might had been on the right track but when I selected C:/Program Files it said something like "There Are Files In The Folder, Are You Sure You Want To Delete Them" and then a YES and NO Selection? I don't know what to do because I am scarred that if I Delete everything in my C Drive I will be screwwed lol. Thank you for everything and I'm sure once I get past this problem I won't have any more trouble (knock on wood). Tbank you.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007