1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem wayout.dll

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kookie56, Apr 4, 2018.

1. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

When I start my PC, I get a message box that opens.
    It says this:

"RunDll
    There was a problem starting
    C:\Users\tinny\AppData\Local\wayout.dll

The specified module could not be found"

Does anyone know what this refers to?
    I don't know what to do to fix it, as I don't know what it is.
    Can anyone help me?
    I would appreciate any help.
    Thank you

2. aldan

aldan Active member

do you have a backup or system restore enabled?if so look in task manager and see if you can find it in the processes or applications and end it.i cant find reference to this file anywhere,except a reference to A Way Out dll.this is a game.post back with your findings.

3. kookie56

kookie56 Regular member

In the task manager ...under startup..I found "Wayout" . I don't know what it is, or what it goes to, but I disabled it. I will see if the message box comes up on the screen next time I start it.
    Thank you for your help. I only wish I knew what program it is suppose to go to.
    Again....Thank you

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi kookie, it's been awhile...... if you found Wayout under startups it's most probably in program and features and you will be able to un-install it. it probably was down loaded as a piggy back...... or if you right click it in startup and click properties you can get the path to find and delete it.....
    2oG

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Do you have Malwarebytes installed? If so update it and then run it and if not, then download it and run it.c I can find no reference for wayout.dll on the net. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's bad but it is a red-flag.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Startup in task manager ? what OS you running.
    You can locate the registry entry & delete it manually in the registry if you use msconfig then select startup tab .Or run ccleaner then select startup & delete it from there.

May have to unhide C before attempting to find wayout (use explorer search)as it may not be there,it could reside in app data roaming.Some software is sneaky like that

7. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Hi kookie, I missed this cuz I'm getting to be a TooOldGeek, I guess...LOL
    The reason you could not find it is because most windows installs has the AppData folder hidden..

Deleting the startup will probably stop your problem but, if you want to delete the file wayout.dll then: goto control panel and select "folder options". Then in the General tab under Navigation pane check "Show all Folders" then click apply. Now you will be able to follow the path C:\Users\tinny\AppData\Local\wayout.dll and delete it.... run ccleaner to clean the registry of broken links and you should be in good shape...

The real name of this program is "A Way Out" and it's a PC game not malware that was probably downloaded as a piggyback on another download.. I don't think it's bad but may be carrying some ad's, etc. just a PUP and nothing to fear...

Hope you got it.. Let us know..
    Have a Happy.... 2oG