1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WD Elements hard drive won't work

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by kl0205, Feb 13, 2010.

1. kl0205

kl0205 Member

Hello, I'd like to say great site, I've already got a lot of great information from here. I modded my wii with the 4.2 firmware softmod guide and have been using the cfg configurable usb loader for about a month with a sandisk cruzer 8gb flashdrive. So I decided to buy a hard drive and I went with the western digital elements 500gb hard drive wdbaar5000abk-00. I formatted it to fat32 like may sandisk is but when I try to start usb loader with it plugged in it just returns to the wii home menue. I also tried it with usb loader gx after formatting the drive with wbfs manager and it shows how much capacity the drive has but if I try to download a game to it the wii freezes. I am assuming all this means that the wii won't communicate with this drive for some reason but I wanted to check before I buy a different one to see if anyone knows what I might be doing wrong. Especially since this drive is on the usb device compatibility list as working in all three columns and tested twice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. kl0205

kl0205 Member

Nevermind, I am an idiot. I didn't set up the folders correctly on the hard drive. It is working great now.