1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Webcam Grainy, Plenty of Light

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by dusktillafterdawn, Feb 14, 2019.

1. dusktillafterdawn

dusktillafterdawn Member

I have a brand new 4k Brio Logitech webcam (currently the most expensive model they make). I have it set up in my office, which is quite small, so lighting is easily controlled. I have a bright overhead light with a daylight bulb, as well as a desk lamp pointed directly at my face (also with a daylight bulb), all of which are lit for my streaming setup.

While I get a pretty nice image quality over all from this cam, the video noise is quite prevalent. I've read this is usually due to low lighting conditions, but obviously that's not the case here. I have attached a gif of the back of my chair, which illustrates the graininess.

Is there a way to fix that either with my setup, my cam settings or maybe a filter in a program for OBS Studio? In After Effects or Premiere, I'd just apply a noise filter and it would smooth it right out. However, I have to do that in real time here.

Thanks (GIF below)

[​IMG]

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Gif player won't play it so i guess there's an issue with it.
    Each individual image of the gif is dark as you see it on your post that does not appear to be good lighting..Try again but this time wait for daylight then use the camera at the window as tho it was a security camera & see what the image is like in real time with bright natural light.If it works there's your answer.