1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Burner Problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by cara8rick, Jul 16, 2007.

1. cara8rick

cara8rick Guest

Hey, I have a weird DVD burner problem. After my computer is on for a while, it doesn't recognize my DVD Burner Drive anymore. Upon start up it works fine, I can burn DVD's, CD's etc, but then it quits working and I don't know when it started. I can't eject the burner, and When I look at my system hardware in my control panel, it does not even show my burner as being installed there. If I restart my system, everything goes back to normal, but in a day or two, it "forgets" the drive is there again.

Some symptoms include my mouse, keyboard, etc. freezing for about 5 seconds, and then working again... Any suggestions.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You need to scan your system for viruses and spyware and get it cleaned up. You could also try restoring your computer to a time just before this started happening it could be a program or another piece of hardware you have recently installed might be the culprit. Without any other information from you it is hard to tell for sure.