1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird freezing problem, I think related to Azureus

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by mystic54, Mar 18, 2007.

1. mystic54

mystic54 Member

Whenever I seem to start Azurueus and run it for 10+ minutes, I run into some problems. This is especially common if I have a download going+seeding. If I am just seeding, usually this issue doesn't happen.

The computer starts to freeze up for 10 seconds, then lets me control the computer for about 5 seconds, then repeats. The cpu speed is not %100, so I know its not the computer struggling to keep azurues in memory

1.8ghz cpu
    768 rdram

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

It's a RAM issue.
    Switch to Āµtorrent or get more RAM.

3. mystic54

mystic54 Member

Can it be anything else? Just wondering why now of all times, it is doing this. I have had azurueus running fine for months. Wouldn't the ram be close to the same or give me some indication in windows if it was running out of ram?

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

No, as Azureus can spike memory usage so fast most systems won't even know what hit them.
    The only other explanation i can think of would be a driver compatibility issue of sorts

5. mystic54

mystic54 Member

Sorry, I just didn't figure it could be a ram issue when I ran Azureus on a computer that had terrible specs, without issues (400mhz cpu, 384mbs of ram).