1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird HDMI Problem Openbox S11

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by adam7861, Jan 14, 2014.

1. adam7861

adam7861 Member

Hi guys ive got a really weird problem with my openbox s11. Basically it wont connect with my 50" Plasma, it used to work fine before and then for the past few days it would flicker and now it wont connect at all.

Ive tried different HDMI cables and the problem is still there. The weird issue is that the problem only occurs on my 50 Plasma TV, the box works perfectly fine on my other 19" and 32" inch TV. I know the HD Port on my Plasma is not damaged because the Sky HD box works fine.

Also noticed when im in the openbox menu the picture is fine but as soon as i go into a channel picture starts flickering and then i get a black screen?

Any help would be appreciated guys?

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

bad build in quality,try connecting a wire to outside of f connector and to casing of box and see if it improves,if not probably another faulty hdmi socket on box.

3. manchesterguy

manchesterguy Newbie

Its the box, it cant support the TV. At the end of the day it is a cheap build box.
    maybe you should sell it and get a new one.

Try Blade 7000 or the new blade 5000. satsecure.co.uk have them.

4. adam7861

adam7861 Member

Hi thanks for your reply mate but im not sure what you mean, which wire do i connect where exactly do i connect it?

5. cactikid

cactikid Active member

f connector=sat cable exterior to outside of box casing,a better box would be the safer method,unsure if it can damage tvs.

6. adam7861

adam7861 Member

Okay so the f connector is the satellite cable, but i dont get what you mean by connecting to the exterior casing of the box? Any chance of a picture that i can maybe see to see what it would look like? (sorry to be a pain)