1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird iso freeze problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by pumpact, Mar 31, 2007.

1. pumpact

pumpact Member

hi, i just got a 4gig sony stick and its not a fake because i can play iso's on it (which are all back ups of my umd's)but i used new umd dumper to back up my liberty city stories and its 1.2 gigs so i move it to my iso folder and go to play it. it loads past the rockstar screens and then ti will go to a screen that says liberty city stories and my psp will lock up and shutdown

any ideas?

2. staxx

staxx Regular member

a bad rip....being able to play iso's doesnt mean your stick isnt fake. to truly know if its real scroll to your memory stick icon on your psp hit triangle and select information. beside magic gate if its real it should say supported if its fake i believe it says unknown.

3. pumpact

pumpact Member

ok so my memory stick says magic gate unknown so i have a fake...it works. is there something bad about fakes? should i return it?

4. staxx

staxx Regular member

Fakes have been proven to work just as good as the real sticks. With the exception of two programs that no one really uses anyway. I believe they had this posted on qj.net if you want to take a look. Or just google for a comparison.

*EDIT* anyways like i suggested earlier you probably have a bad rip. Theres other rips of that game online that are about 400mb in size, just google for it or pm me and i'll give you a link since you already own the game.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  5. pumpact

pumpact Member

i will just re-dump the game

thans for the help

6. pumpact

pumpact Member

ok my friend gave me his copy of liberty city stories iso and it is 1.2 gigs. so i play it and i laggggg so i used the compressed cso version of that game which is 600 meg and it laggggs but half as bad but still annoying. what is going on. do i have bad liberty city stories games or is it my stick or does it always do this?

7. staxx

staxx Regular member

no...its fine...it'll lag unless you take out portions of the game like the radio.

8. pumpact

pumpact Member

i remember on my old genuine 1gig stick, my friends 600 meg gta ran fine on my psp with minimal. so im thinking that with higher memory capacity comes higher latency. but i have been searching google for problems with fakes and all that i have found is that capacities are different. but my stick is perfectly fine besides the fact that it is fake ...

9. pumpact

pumpact Member

ok, really weird, but i figured out what was going on. it was cwcheat that was causing all the lag. id otn know why but i turned it off in recovery mode and now i dont lag hardly at all

10. CoRn3tTo

CoRn3tTo Regular member

try to change the speed of iso,,,,you can see that in recovery mode, the default is 222,then change it press x/o until it goes 333mhz, but change it to default if you play other games that does not lags, coz it will eat ur batt life if it is in 333mhz,