1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird message has me clueless

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by paul316, Mar 11, 2007.

1. paul316

paul316 Guest

Recently i have been experiencing a weird message when trying to play the dvds I have backed up. I used everything dvdfab, ripit4me+dvddecrypter, clonedvd2, anydvd, nero7. I get roughly the same message using neroshowtime, real, windows media 11. Here it is.............

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

My video card has the latest driver, plus it plays dvd which have not been backed up. Has me a bit grouchy. Any thoughts? Thanks for the time. Have a good one.

Paul

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

3. bkm669

bkm669 Member

WMP's settings need to be changed, Uncheck using it as a default for ANY kind of vide format

4. onya

onya Guest

I think dialysis and bkm669, have the right ideas. I'm not bashing WMP but....lol....Dialysis is sooo right.

@paul316, here's how to change WMP defaults.

[​IMG]

Then......

[​IMG]

Any of this help out?

5. paul316

paul316 Guest

Yea I ditched WMP and it pretty much did the trick. Anyone have any suggestions on an all around media player? One thats good for music and videos. I have like 4 on my pc and I have to have like 3 codecs packs to play everything. Looking for one solid player that has codecs. I hate having 4 medis players and a ton of codecs pack to play things. Thanks for the help.

Paul

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Google Media Player Classic.