1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird "must press eject to boot into dash" problem..

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bmanic, Nov 7, 2003.

1. bmanic

bmanic Member

Info: Modchip = Executer 2pro
    bios: X2_4977.bin (256k version)
    Dash: EvoX Dash build 3752 (also tried newest one!)

Hello folks,

I've got this weird problem. When I press power on button my xbox doesn't boot to the Evox Dash anymore. I need to press the eject button and then it goes to the dash but it takes about 3 minutes for the DVD tray eject! During these 3 minutes I can do everything normally, even start emulators but as soon as the tray ejects the xbox reboots and I'm forced to do it again!
    Related to this, my xbox doesn't want to boot into the normal msxbox dash either even when I have my Executer 2 modchip pro's dip sw nr 4 in OFF (bypass chip) mode!

So, how do I cure this miserable problem?

I've tried these bioses: Evox M7, M7_ejectfix, X2_4977 and older X2 bioses.. but to no avail. :(
    Any ideas?

Cheers,
    bManic

2. bmanic

bmanic Member

I realize the above came out pretty weird. Here's a summary:

Problem 1: Doesn't boot to MS dash when modchip (x2 pro) is bypassed. Nothing happens after Xbox logo animation unless I press the eject button, that's when I get error 13.

Problem 2: EvoX Dash works when I use the modchip, but it doesn't boot to it automatically when I press power on. I need to press eject button and then it boots into EvoX BUT the eject button keeps flashing for about 3 minutes and only THEN is the DVD tray ejected.

Cheers,
    bManic

3. bmanic

bmanic Member

Whoah!! News.. it did go into the Evox dash after waiting about 15 minutes! Gona try the MS dash now.

Weeeeeeird :). Any ideas? It's kind of annoying to wait that long.

Cheers,
    bManic

4. richard77

richard77 Member

mmk no1s responded cuz u triple posted, and th@s a n00bi3 mistake, so next time summarize it in one message. Try reflashing your xecuter with EvoX.D6.Blue. Give me your email or PM me and I can send you the BIOS.