1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird nec dvd rw problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by rav3style, Jan 18, 2007.

1. rav3style

rav3style Member

hi
    i own a ND-3540 16X DUAL LAYER DVD±R/W RECORDER and im having a problem with cds, the unit will read and burn any kind of dvd media, however if i insert any kind of cd either blank, data, or music cd, the drive wont recognize it.
    This happened after burning 4 cds and on the 5th, nero just gave this error: write error

after that no cd was recognized by the unit
    tell me what i need to tell you so you can give me a hand

thanks in advance

2. dragon290

dragon290 Member

I have this same problem and I also have no Idea why it is happening. I have contacted NEC but I have had no luck.

Hopefully someone can help us out,

3. travies06

travies06 Member

have you guys flash your drives. did you guys already try the drives in another pc?

4. rav3style

rav3style Member

no flash
    and i dont have any other pc to try it on

5. travies06

travies06 Member

Why don't you flash it. to see if that solve the problem. If that doesn't work you could always flash back.
    I had the same problem with the Samsung TS-H492A. I took this drive out of a dell computer and when I put it on another computer. It only read some media. It would play only some dvds and some cds. And when I put it back to the old dell, it didn't had any problem reading dvd or cd. so I just left it in the dell to save time because when I had the problem there were only to firmwares and I had the newest firmware. so I didn't bother to look for other options.

By the way I have the MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9585, NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A and two NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A and they all work verry good with the firmware from Liggy's and Dee's modified NEC and Optiarc firmwaresand the firmware page

6. travies06

travies06 Member

Another thing you could try is installing the system software you are using again and Install one burning engine only. I have had some problems of reading media on my drives and the problem was having too many burning programs like nero, roxio, alcohol 120%, and some others. Some of this burning programs specially roxio have conflicts with other programs and that makes your system to be unsatable or not to read some media.

I hope you get you problem solved.
    I haven't had any problem with the 3540 drive.

7. chinick

chinick Guest

I'm using a dell pc with NEC DVD/CD+RW ND2100AD work perfectly for a couple of years now suddenly(from a few months ago) I can read and burn DVD but can`t play or burn audio cd. Dell people tried to help me without success also flashed, installed the last version of firmware but the problem is there. They finally asked me to "re-install" windows. Also advice me to try the driver in another pc. At this moment I'm not doing none of the two options but trying to get more information to solve this problems.
    If anyone can help with other ideas i give here some of the software I have installed in the machine
    DVD-shrink 3.2
    Acoustica CD-burner
    1-click dvd
    Nero 6
    Since I bought the pc in 2004 these programs are installed except Nero that I installed beginning 2006.

THanks for any advice.

8. rav3style

rav3style Member

yep same problem as im having

9. dragon290

dragon290 Member

trav which download did you use I am having trouble finding the right one

10. travies06

travies06 Member

By "download" did you mean firmware or link?

11. dragon290

dragon290 Member

Which firmware did you use ir did you save it to your hard drive?

12. travies06

travies06 Member

The firmware I have in the nec 3540 is IOData OEM firmware 1.21 the one that is under rpc1 in Liggy's and Dee's website and yes I download to my pc and than I flash with Binflash GUI by clicking on flash button and selecting the bin file that I stracted from 121_rpc1 file.

13. dragon290

dragon290 Member

Trav can you email me that file that you got for your drive?

14. travies06

travies06 Member

Sure dragon290 why not is a Freeware just send me a private message with your e-mail and I would send you the firmware as an attach file.

15. travies06

travies06 Member