1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Nero 6 problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Nututhis, Nov 19, 2004.

1. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Nututhis,

A very great man once said, "CaCa happens".

His name was . . . .

Are you waiting for this . . . .

Here it comes . . . .

His name was, "Forest, Forest Gump."

Cheers,

Pete

2. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Something else that I noticed- My burner is a 2x but if I rip with Shrink but click burn instead of ISO, its burns @ 1x. If I select ISO, then burn with Nero, it burns @ 2x. Weird. I went through the settings in Shrink & dont see anything worth changing. I never had a problem with Shrink b4. Like I said b4......weird.........very weird.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Nututhis,

There are no settings in DVD Shrinlk to control burning as Shrink cannot burn. If you're using DVD Decrypter to burn, there are settings there - "Tools" "settings" and on the first page toward the bottom right there s/b a drop-down box for writing - set that at 2X.

Cheers,

Pete

4. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Got it.Thx. Shrink must use Decrypter burning interface that uses Nero then b/c Shrink is the only prog running. I've never had to do that b4 though. Thx

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

@ Nututhis,

It's that "running in the background" that fools pple. There's no indication that any proggy but DVD Shrink is working. It also works with CopyToDVD - a really excellent burning proggy, faster than a moonshiner being chased by the revenuers. Give it a try sometime :) - I mean try the proggy, NOT the moonshine (lol)

SEASONS GREETINGS there Nututhis, to you and yours ~

Pete

6. wazole

wazole Member

hate to ruin your afternoon, but i'm having the same problem, and i've never run nero before.

i downloaded the demos and installed them, but every time i run them i get the same dialog box, click on the same "Demo" button, and get the same "Your demo has expired message".

i've deinstalled the application five times now, run ALL the cleanup programs (plus a few of my own), rebooted my machine about 50 times, and nothing works.

suggestions would be appreciated - i don't have a registration key, the reason i want to demo it is to see if it will work before i buy it.

7. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Well @ least Im know Im not the only 1 with this problem.

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Did you try Nero's registry cleaner ?

9. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Here is what I did in order. Nero General-CleanTool, Nero InCD-CleanTool, Crap Cleaner, then RegScrubXP. Rebooted, redownloaded Nero, & still have the "Demo expired" msg. Nero works. Its just a headache to have to copy & paste my key everything I use Nero.

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Nero has a registry cleaner, please use that -

Pete

11. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I have & I did. Im almost used to my "new process" with using Nero. (Sarcastically thinking" Step 1 open Nero. Step 2 Open Palm Desktop. then find my Nero key in my memopad. Copy then Paste it in Nero window, then use Nero.

Seriously though, thx 4 attempting to help me. I dont know if there is anything I can do now but keep using my process.

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

As long as something is working - all is well with the world -

I was attempting to make things a bit easier -

Sorry I was - unsuccessful :(

Burn On ~ ~>

Pete

:p)

13. chewy1308

chewy1308 Member

hi, i just downloaded the nero demo off of this site but when i opened it there was a message saying "this demo has expired" can you help me?

14. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Dunno. Thats the same problem I have even after using the Nero cleaning apps.

15. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

nututhis,

From another thread -

"There have been issues where playing your DVD on your burner opposed to your DVD ROM may result in errors during processing :-( "

The explanation was pretty simple really, a DVD ROM is designed to read and only to read and can do so quickly and easily and without effort. A DVD R/W must start and stop many, many times over while reading which it wasn't designed to do as well as a DVD ROM. On occasion, there have been reports of files only partially being picked up thus resulting in excessive read errors when being read by DVD R/W drives. The majorities of these reports came from the DVD XCopy Forum and were handled by Ireland who, if memory serves correctly, was the one who made the initial recommendation about reading from a DVD ROM whenever possible. Much more importantly, the constant starting and stopping that reading entails can cause overheating and premature failure of the DVD R/W drive itself.

Therefore it is heartily recommended that you read from a DVD ROM whenever possible.

and de ScubaPete's reason ~>

Using your DVD-ROM to rip from is easy and timesaving and lazy (de ScubaPete doesn't have to put down his beer to change discs). You place the original in your DVD-ROM and your blank disc in your burner and you don't have to touch anything until your backup is finished :D) (and my beer is safely in my grasp :p)

Sooo, use your DVD-ROM for reading and your DVD-RW for cooking.

Cheers,

Pete :)

16. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

What does that last msg have to do with this thread??

17. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You're right,

Guess that happens when you're answering 84 emails a day and get a late start -

Though it doesn't have a bearing upon the last post it's a good thought so I'm going to leave it - :)

"P"

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  18. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

So it appears that nobody has a answer to my problem....
    I've tried all mentioned & still cant fix things.

19. wazole

wazole Member

just report it to the guys at nero. they will send you another key that you can use for 30 days. that's what i did, and they appear to know that the problem exists.

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member