1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird Nero 6 problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Nututhis, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I never said I didnt buy it. I bought the key online so I dont have any driver cd's.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Huuuummm,

OK, let's see if I have it right -

chewy1308 wrote:

Now to almost anyone it sounds like he wanted to use the proggy for free - no mention of buying or of having bought the proggy, he wanted a working download, then you followed it with:

In those first 5 words you state - (well we all can see what you stated). I see nothing here OR for that fact anywhere that you're having problem with a proggy you bought. Your problem IS, You're getting a "Demo Expired" notice and you want it for free - the same problem as "Chewy".

Even Wazole thought you wanted to get the proggy for free and he told you to contact Nero to get a temp s/n for 30-days.

Your problem is in fact completely different than Chewy's. It's not close. You want what you paid for . . . .

Don't go getting "testy" when you told us you had the same problem as Chewy. You didn't !

Don't "tag along" on someone elses question when yours is something completely different.

NOW,

It makes no difference where you purchased your s/n. I bought my 5.0 version online then upgraded to 6.0 online. They have your information. Give them your name, they'll get you going in no time. I had to do it a while back and I got my answer and directions in less than 24 hours.

Shoot them a note - They take good care of paying customers - I just don't understand why you didn't contact them before, it doesn't make any sense not too -

3. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Sry for the miscommunication. For the record, I have a key that I paid for, used the app for several months, then reformatted my Hdd & had to re-install all of my apps. This is when I ran into the expired demo msg after I enter my key. I get the msg even after I enter my key from the help tab. I'll shoot Ahead a email 2morrow about the prob. I originally posted my prob on this site b/c I thought it was a quick fix.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Nututhis,

I may have a little "trick" you might try -

It's probably best to install your S/N through Nero SmartStart -
    To Enter it via Nero StartSmart, just launch Nero StartSmart, click on the Nero icon in the top left fo the window. This will take you to the Nero Product Center. Click on the Serial Numbers tab. If your serial key is listed, click on the RED minus sign next to it to delete it. Then click on the 'Enter New' button and reenter your serial key. This normally resolves your type of issue.

Don't for get to report back on how you made out -

Cheers,

Pete

5. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

I tried that a while ago. Someone suggested that b4. It states the demo version is too old. Like I said, I have a key, & can enter it to use Nero, it just wont store the key, so everytime I use Nero, I have to use my key. It damn near like I have a pin # in order to use Nero.. lol
    I keep my key on my pad, & launch it on my Palm desktop & copy & paste it everytime I need to use Nero.

6. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Well, I finally sent Ahead an email. I'll keep you guys updated.

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Everyone,

I'm back finally. :)

I've been out of action for over a month due to Vacation, Buisiness travels, the CES show, and due to all the traveling, I've been sick for some weeks, and I am still recovering.

But I will try and get up to seed on the issues with our software and this forum. Sorry for any trouble this may have caused.

Hi Nututhis,

If you have trouble getting a response, send me an Email at techsupport4@nero.com with your serial key so that I can check it to be sure it's working properly. But the process ScubaPete provided works 90% of the time for your type of issue.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Welcome back Craig,

Glad to have you back, NOT glad you're under the weather,

Hope you're "in-the-pink" soon -

Pete

9. Nututhis

Nututhis Member

Well I've sent Craig an email as well as Ahead from their website. We'll see if I come up with a solution.

10. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Just an update, Nututhis did send me the serial key, and I was able to duplicate the problem. There does appear to be an issue with that serial key.

Not the same issue reported in previous versions where Nero was not recognizing a set of Nero 6 serial keys.

We'll have to create a new Serial key for him to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Thank you Craig, it's good to know,

Cheers there friend . .

Pete