1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird notebook pad named iso

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ejhoefli, Jan 9, 2005.

1. ejhoefli

ejhoefli Member

I found a notebook pad named iso in my c drive where I store my iso files that have been shrunk from dvd shrink and then I burn them with dvd decrypter....the file was weird, it said this:

[InstallShield Silent]
    Version=v6.00.000
    File=Log File
    [ResponseResult]
    ResultCode=-3
    [Application]
    Name=Wireless-G Notebook Adapter
    Version=2.01.000
    Company=Linksys
    Lang=0009

My only concern is this, can people track what you are doing on your computer, the files that you are burning....I was concerned that when I was backing up my dvd collection and when the dvds were being decrypted that they send out a "signal" or something to "whomever", my concern is that signal is my ip address and then something might happen to me like those people who got "caught" burning cds with illegal mp3 from the net and got sued for thousands of dollars........

anyways the question is this, anyone know what that notepad means, and can people check out what you are doing?

Thanks

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

there is no known encoding/ripping program that sends info to your service provider.
    If your really worried run adware/search and destroy/anti virus (which should be done anyway) and see what comes up. Spyware etc is more likely to come from P2P and email

3. ejhoefli

ejhoefli Member

Thanks, my question was not with the burning programs (shrink/decryptor) but with the dvd.....would they be able to put a glitch on the dvd which unknowingly would send out something that lets them know this ip address has decrypted and burned the dvd?

Thanks

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

simple answer=no
    dvd movies are dvd-rom (read only) there are no hidden programs etc on them.
    However sometimes movies will contain installers for games/screen savers/ other unwanted crap. Hold shift when inserting these movies (cant tell you what movies as i havent seen one for a while). Or turn off autoplay on your drives