1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird playback problem... Must read this!!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by focculare, Jul 7, 2007.

1. focculare

focculare Member

Hey there, ok, here's my problem, I had all my codecs installed properly, DIVX, xvid, ffdshow, etc... then I downloaded the mkv package which has the media player classic and such... I installed a couple of games (DiRT <--- rally game - highly recommend it, and Two Worlds <--- RPG)...

Now I have this problem, in order to get proper playback of any divx, xvid, mpg, or dvd movie, i have to reboot the machine... if I play a game, exit the game, an then try to play something.. it will not play it, xvid will not play, and divx and mpg will play the sound, but the video you'll see if you turn saturation all the way up that only red and green colors are present, really weird... so then I either restart the system or close the session... and they will play...

Even using Nview... when I switch to dual view, I can't watch this files... I have to put the desktop in either one of the monitors and restart the computer in order to play the files properly...

Any thoughts?... I tried reinstalling everything, divx, xvid, ffdshow, and it's the same...

Thanks

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

why don't you use vlc player it will play almost any file you can give it

3. focculare

focculare Member

Well, the problem is not the player... it's got something to do with the codecs and the video services in windows or something like that... Imagine this... I'm watching a movie... I then switch the signal to my other monitor via the use of nview... and then I can't watch the movie... all i get is this extremely dark picture with red traces all over.... Some times I'll be watching something else, and then I switch to play a game (any game), and then exit the game, try to play the same thing... and there it is again the dark with red traces picture...
    Weird...

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

like i said use vlc player it will play almost anything you put in it and it is free

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  5. focculare

focculare Member

Nope, didn't work with the VLC player... it's the same thing, I get the sound, but I only get traces of red and green on the video... Even when I switch the resolution it'll stop working....