1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEIRD PROBLEM...I'M STUMPED

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Viper3, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

I have a ms25 drive flashed with xtreme 5.1 where I used 'Make ms25 read as ms25.' Ok, the problem is that whenever I extract a disc using schtrom 3.1 and burn using clone cd, it will give me an error saying "The disc is unreadable" and then it suggests I do a couple of things like clean the disc and whatnot. I have also had the opportunity to try this on another ms25 xbox360 flashed the same way and it gives me the same error.

Now when I extract using xbc 2.3 and burn using clone cd, it will work fine.

I always use default settings in xbc and always use stealth xtreme 3.0 for schtrom.

So far I have had 100 percent success rate with xbc, and 0 percent with schtrom. I have not heard anybody encountering this problem and I really dont understand it. Why do you think this is happening? I realize that I could leave it alone and just always use xbc, but I always like to figure things like this out because theres gotta be a reason.

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

i have tried and failed 3 times to backup COD3 using schtrom so am going to try xbox backup creator instead

when you burn with clone do you booktype your media to DVD-rom?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Clone CD will automatically do it when your drive is capable.

4. modster

modster Regular member

cloneCD will not automatically set your booktype. I have to manually set it each time I use cloneCD. Don't assume anything if you want things to work correctly.

Use imgBurn to set booktype.

100% success with schtrom 3.1

cheers

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  5. paul91

paul91 Regular member

if you set booktype to DVD-rom in imgburn will the settings carry over to clone?

6. modster

modster Regular member

Yes,

when you set the booktype to Rom what it does is change the bitsetting in your dvd firmware.

Now, it depends on the dvd drive too, some dvd drive will set it permanently and some will revert back after system reboot.

you have to just set the booktype and reboot your computer and see. ImgBurn will show you the booktyp.

7. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

I dont even see where it allows you to change that option in clone cd? Regardless, it does automatically do it for me.

8. techguy26

techguy26 Regular member

viper why don't you give wxripper a shot? it works great use it to rip and burn with clone cd, also if you use nero it tells you what your drive is set to.

9. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

Nobody seems to understand my problem. If I want to get a game backup to work, I will use XBC, but I also recognize that schtrom SHOULD work. It has nothing to do with the burning process since clone cd does work well. It has to do with schtrom. How is it that nobody else has this problem, when I've experienced it on two different consoles?