1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird problem starting happening today

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by D_rew, Jul 17, 2007.

1. D_rew

D_rew Member

I burned 150+ movies and never had this problem

http://img461.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dvdshrinkfu0.png

It goes up to 100% encoding then ejects disc and that pops up.

I think I may have deleted something from the "ahead" folder today when I was cleaning out my comptuer files.

could this be the problem? if so how could i fix it? ( i use anydvd dvd decyrpter and dvd shrink to burn movies by the way.

Thank you very much in advance.

P.S It cant be the movie because it happened for 3 different ones.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What versions of Shrink, Nero and AnyDVD are you using?

I've gotten that problem in the past. When the recording software sees the files to be recorded as not being fully DVD compliant, that's what happens. In my experience it was because the software didn't fully process the files properly. If I were you, I'd go to the output files that were saved and process them with FixVTS and try the burn again with Nero Express. You can also try a movie you did without a problem to see if the software is still working properly. You never said what the DVD was.

3. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

use dvdfab it's good

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2007
  5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I think I'd try the FixVTS first. Plus if the AnyDVD isn't up to date, that could also explain part of the problem.

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

well you could do a system restore and go to the day before you started having the problem

7. D_rew

D_rew Member

thanks everyone im gonna try to update nero for now i guess plenty of things form e to try now lol

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The first thing you need to do is see if it's with all the DVDs you try or just particular ones (different copy protections). That's why I suggested retrying a DVD you've done successfully before. That's also why I asked for software versions. Nero did have a problem with some versions of their software, but you would have been having the problem before if it was a "buggy" version. I'm not saying it isn't a problem, just that it doesn't seem likely unless you did delete something. In that case you would need to reinstall the program. But as I said before, try a DVD that worked before to see if it still does. Plus, give the FixVTS a try, if you haven't deleted the DVD files that were saved. That will tell you if it was simply a compliance error.

You're lucky if this is the first time you've seen the "reallocation" error. I've seen it a number of times in the past and it's no big thing. In some instances Nero would question if I wanted to continue the burn. In those cases I went ahead and in all cases the video files played properly. I'm not saying you'll have the same results. I don't know what you have on your system or how you process things. Even with Shrink and AnyDVD, there's different ways of doing things. Some versions of AnyDVD were "buggy" with Shrink. One of the things the newer copy protections do is alter the DVD structure. That's one way "reallocation" errors occur. Normally, if Shrink processed the files, they would play if they could be burned. If Nero won't burn manually, another option mentioned was to try another burner program. ImgBurn is good and free. It takes changing the default settings to burn files though (default is to burn ISO images).

Like I said before, it appears you would have had the problem before if it was a bad version of the software. Something changed and the question is what. You didn't mention the title of the DVD you're having problems with or the AnyDVD version you are using with Shrink. Some of the newer DVDs don't work as well with the software because of increased copy protection. The latest versions of AnyDVD seem to have cured the problem.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  9. D_rew

D_rew Member

i fixed the problem. i reinstalled my nero that came with my dvd burner, i dont use nero but for some reason i dont have the problem no more, except now instead of dvd decrypter coming up after dvd shrink backs the dvd up into iso on desktop. it trys to burn it using dvd shrink.

Oh well. thanks for all the help guys it worked.

10. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

set your target in dvd shrink to burn with either nero or dvd decrypter

11. Larsi_80

Larsi_80 Member

use nero it's the best..iv'e use it for as long as i can remember...

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Seems you diagnosed it pretty much yourself. You must have done something to Nero while deleting files. If the only thing you did was reload Nero, then Nero had become damaged. By the way, DVD Shrink doesn't burn. It uses supported burners to do the job. You need to check your target in the burner options (Backup window). Nero, DVD Decrypter, and CopyDVD (from VSO) are supported, and someone modified an exe so Shrink can support the newer ImgBurn.

13. D_rew

D_rew Member

thanks dude! :)!

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

De nada. Glad to see you got it going.