1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird problem with xbox 360 media

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ar55, Apr 28, 2007.

1. ar55

ar55 Member

I am using LG dvdram gsa4163b and verbatim media. Burn the iso using xbox backup creator and imgburn, play in on samsung with extreme firmware with no problem, next I tried the same disc on different console with hitachi drive xtreme flashed as well and it doesn't work at all, I keep getting "please clean the disc with soft cloth" message.

Do you think it will work if I use the pioneer burner, or should I change the media?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

It's probably the Xbox drive. The laser may be weakening and not reading burnt media so well.

Try running a dvd cleaner disc through it, or clean the laser yourself - if you want to do the latter, ask for instructions.

3. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

The media you're using is the best one,so you don't need to worry about that.Make sure you're booktyping your media in Imgburn because on hitachi drive your discs have to be booktyped unlike the samsung.

Now,i know people are saying that to burn your backup,any dual layer burner with booktyping capabilities will do the job,well in my case it was more complicated than that.I too have the hitachi drive,i've tried burning with my LG 4167B,Plextor 760A and with Benq DW1650(all were booktype able)but none work for me.I was so desperate that i finally decided to get a pioneer 111D.And guess what?It worked perfectly when i burn with the pioneer,it may sound strange but i've followed the same backup procedures as i did with the other drives and on this one it did work.I don't know what's so different with that drive because logically any of the other drives i have should burn these dual layer discs the same way as the pioneer but my hitachi will only read backups i made with the pioneer.

I'm not telling you to go and get the pioneer burner now,may be you should wait some more comments from other members but i was just telling you how it worked for me.

Vincent.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  4. ar55

ar55 Member

I've tried to clean off the disc using the cd lens cleaner, but still no luck. Anyway the only pioneer I can get is the PIONEER DVR-212D. Does anyone have this model and play it on hitachi drive with no problem.

5. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

I think you mean pioneer 112D and not 212D.That should be good to burn your backups,it's the latest model from pioneer,with a bit more advantages than the 111D.There are some members who use this particular model and it seems to work fine for them.

Vincent.

6. ar55

ar55 Member

7. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

OK i've seen it,that should be the same as the 112d,the only difference is that it uses the SATA interface and not IDE,and costs a bit more.Some people say that there's no difference in performance as far as it's a dvd-rom or burner using sata,unlike for hard disk drive which does have a big difference between using a sata and a regular ATA one.But if don't have any free IDE left on your pc,then the sata drive will be necessary for you.But if you want to go with the sata drive,then you can go for it.

Vincent.