1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird problems starting up backed up DVD's !!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dwk80, Sep 6, 2004.

1. dwk80

dwk80 Member

Im having a weird problem starting up backed up Ps2 DVD games...
    I have a early version 1-3 Ps2 that is chiped and moded with the case mod.
    All Cd backups that I make work flawlessly however when I try loading up backed up DVD's it wont Load. But If I use the DVD loader with the case mod then the backed up DVD's work without a problem...
    Im using a NEC2500 dvd burner and burning at 2x using NERO and Alcohol120%. But this shouldnt be the problem since the games work when I use the DVD loader but not when I try to load them up directly with the chip.
    So Is there something that Im missing here or doing wrong?
    Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated..
    Thx

2. $$$$

$$$$ Member

what chip is it? maybe you need swap magic with your chip. if its a no solder you need swap magic with it.

3. dwk80

dwk80 Member

Im not sure what chip it is.. But I got it chiped about 2 months a go and they said this was the latest chip that would work with my Ps2.

The other intresting thing is that backed up Dvd games that I bought from the store that I chiped the Ps2 work without dvd loader...

So do I need to somehow patch or modify the image files before i burn them or what...? its just weird that the backed up games that I got from a shop work with out a dvd loader but the games that I burn need a dvd loader to start...

Someone told me something about the DVD loaders being on a higher TOC, i dont really understand what that means and if it has anything to do with my problem..

4. $$$$

$$$$ Member

Some games need dvd loader and some don't. Try ripping your games at a lower speed, a lot of people don't recommend this but it works better for me, do a straight copy at the highest speed possible and if that doesnt work try it slower and if that doesn't work try getting a better brand of media like Ritek.

5. $$$$

$$$$ Member

oh and one other thing. If you have a v1-3 they will NOT read +r media so you will need to use -r media. That may be your problem.

6. dwk80

dwk80 Member

Im using DVD-R's, i have about 25 back up DVD games that I bought all of them work without the dvd loader..

I made 6 DVD copy games... one 4 using nero at 1x 2x 4x and 8x, and 2 using Alcohol120%. with all of them I get the same result the games work but only if I use a DVD loader...
    Why is it that I need a DVD loader and they work with that but not without?
    Is is just that my Ps2 dosent like the DVD's I use... If so why do they work with the loader???

thx a lot for your help..

7. $$$$

$$$$ Member

some games need dvd loader for them to work because they have a double checking system. Check out www.swapmagicfix.com for some more info.

8. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

What dvd media are you using because this could be why they are not being read.

9. dwk80

dwk80 Member

10. dwk80

dwk80 Member

The DVD is MULTIX certified, and are guranteed to be compatibel with XBOX, PS2, PC, and DVD players...

11. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

12. dwk80

dwk80 Member

Im actually bruning Image files that I downloaded of the net... Can and should I stil use dvd decrypter for that or is there some other program that I should use??

Im also wondering that If the media was bad the games shouldnt work with the dvd loader either? or should they?
    Since they do work with the dvd loader i find it hard to believe there is something wrong with the media... but im not sure so give me your opinion...