1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird underrun with Nero/XP/HP8200

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by darnakh, May 21, 2003.

1. darnakh

darnakh Member

Hello,

I recently upgraded my PC from 98 to XP.
    I never had a single problem with Nero under 98. With XP, I can burn data CD-R without any problem, but audio CD will _always_ fail at +/- half of the last track, regardless of the number of track (if only one track, well, it, will fail, if 8 tracks, first 7 are ok but 8th fails, etc...).

It looks more like a bug than like a classic underrun issue (same hardware was working fine with 98).

System info :
    Asus p2b-f (i440-BX)
    WinXP pro SP1
    Nero 5.5.1028 (latest)
    HP8200 internal CD writer (4x), primary slave
    (master IDE has hard drive and DVD player).
    DMA activated

I found other posts by users with similar symptoms, but no solution was provided.

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

It's possible Nero doesn't fully support your HP8200 drive. Consider EAC (Exact Audio Copy) for burning audio using Lame MP3 encoder m8.
    EAC:http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Shoey :)

3. darnakh

darnakh Member

Thanks,

I tried another mp3 burning software and that one seems ok.
    It's strange that the latest nero fails where plenty of basic & crappy mp3 cd burners work without a glitch.

I still have to try an older version of Nero before giving up (the one I had on Win98 was working perfectly).

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

darnakh,
    NO spamming permitted at this forum. This is a stern warning and [bold] DON'T [/bold] do this again or you'll be banned!

Shoey :)