1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

weird watery clicking, noises when booting ps2 up with magic 3.1

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pookeye, Feb 8, 2003.

1. pookeye

pookeye Member

i am now having some trouble with the ps2, when booting up i hear weird noises from the speakers, and so forth, i am unsure what is wrong with that, and it doesnt boot anything up at all right now, like when i put a ps2 back up, CD backup and nothing works, and DVD originals it just goes to say no data, this is for both, and i also noticed, that when u put in a disc, it also just goes to like the browser screen, and just stay there saying its either a ps2 game or ps1, and when i try to press x to boot it up, it just goes back to the browser screen, i was wondering if anyone knows what is wrong.

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

What version ps2 do you have. It sounds like you dvd controller points might be the problem. They may be mixed up. Trace each point and make sure they are connected to the chip correctly.

3. pookeye

pookeye Member

which one is the DVD/CD controller? is that the w soldering point? i am also using 30awg wires, except the 5v and grd i use whatever came with the clip, damn that clip sucks, wasted 30 bucks on shit. anyways, i'll keep checking the connection, but they all seem good....

4. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

The DVD controller points are the one on the bottom of the board and b&c on top(if a v.7). You never said what Ver. you have.

5. pookeye

pookeye Member

i have a v7, yeah that probably is the problem, i uninstalled it still works, phew thank god... i cant be screwing up here... but i'lll give it one more try.