1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird xbox 360 burnt games issue

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 57379, Apr 16, 2007.

1. 57379

57379 Member

ok, the set out is:
    I have my xbox flashed with xtreme 5.2
    I have 4 backed up games, for now they will be refered to as game 1,2,3 and 4.
    All games are on verbatim dvd+r dl. Games 1 and 2 were burnt at a speed of 2.4x and 3 and 4 at a speed of 4x. The program used was img burn v2.3.0. All games had a .dvd file that was used in the process with the burner being used an Aopen DUW1616. As far as im aware all games were pre patched. Now here is where the problem seems to occur. Only game 3 works. Game 3 plays fine boots loads saves all the rest of it. Game 1 and 4 do nothing, dont even boot, comes up unreadable disc etc. Game 2 boots for about 5 seconds, then says the disc is unreadable. But all games have appeared in my games list, making me assume that they are burnt right (?).

Ok.... so all that happens, now here comes the headfu*k, this is all on the firmware version 5.2C , i tried on D, all 4 games dead, I tried on A games 1 & 2 load up for about 15 seconds each, menu etc. then come up unreadable disc. Game 3 however, doesnt work atall. ??? I'm really really confused with this problem, anyone have any ideas or had anything similar happen?

2. user473

user473 Regular member

well it could be your burner .try pioneer 111d.... are you using the dual layer break? was the game(im assuming you downloaded) ntsc or pal? just check those suggestions out.hope it helps

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I'd second it being the burner... have you tried atleast updating the burner's firmware?

4. hadum

hadum Member

I had that msg from a couple of games when i burned with imgburn.
    Try using clonecd. Iv had no problems so far with that!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

ok, a few things.
    1. which drive does your 360 have. If it is a Samsung then you should be ok, stealth patched or not. But if it is Hitachi then the last time i looked into it those still had to be both stealth patched and had to be burned as a DVD-Rom (booktyping)
    2. Did you manually set the layer break in IMGburn?
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game

if so then you do not need the DVD file, just burn the ISO file instead at 4X

and as above, unless the game is listed as region free you need to make sure it is the correct format for your console.

6. 57379

57379 Member

Thanks for all ure replies:

All games are pal, so is the console, so no problems there.
    The burners firmware is the most recent and has been updated.
    The drive in the 360 is a samsung and the layer break was set in imgburn
    The only other burner i have access to is a pioneer dvr 106d, but i think its so old it doesnt even do dl. So i could possibly buy a new burner, but why would one game work, and the others partially? An update on the situation with game 4 is that it works if i skip the starting fmv's for about half hour, then comes up unreadable disc. I have tried reburning the games but they each have the same characteristics, ie game 3 works perfectly etc,

7. user473

user473 Regular member

when i fisrt started burning i was using an external dvd burner ...i made about 5 or 6 backups only 2 worked ..i bought a pioneer 111d off newegg and havent had a problem. thats why i suggested the burner .only like 30 bucks