1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by RMF, Mar 27, 2003.

1. RMF

RMF Regular member

Whenever i use DVD2one i always process the movie to a VIDEO_TS folder on my E drive. Every time i make a film i delete the contents so that it is ready to be filled again next time i use DVD2ONE. Last week i ripped Made with dvd2one to my folder that i always use and burnt it. It worked fine, so i proceeded to delete the contents of the folder. The next day i ripped the way of the gun into the same (now empty) folder and burned it. Later that night i had some friends over so we decided to watch the way of the gun, but half way through the film the screen scrambled for a second and then i got a 5 second clip of Made (which i had ripped the day before) with sound and everything, then the screen scrambled again, the way of the gun was back but the audio is completely out of sync. WTF is going on? I didn't even have the 2 movies on my HDD at the same time?

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

WOOW man how did you do that ?
    I use the same methode , with the VIDEO_TS directory, empty it after I copied it succesfull to DVD.
    Never had or heard such prob.

Actually, by hearing your story ITS IMPOSSIBLE

3. RMF

RMF Regular member

Well obviously it's not impossible.

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Mayby the 5sec of Made where still in the buffer of Nero (or the prog you used burning).
    Can't really figure out what happened ..

5. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

That is really strange, both suggestions sound impossible, because they wouldn't have had the IFO file created for those parts of the disc.

I have never heard of this before. WIll research it and get back to you.

Paul.

6. RMF

RMF Regular member

Ok thanks, i don't want it to happen again.

If anyone disbelieves my story i am more than willing to post the disc out to prove it's true.

7. loaded

I beleive you, it would be really sad if it was just attention seeking ;-)

Paul.

8. RMF

RMF Regular member

Is it possible that even though i had deleted the files from both the folder and the recycle bin that the offending vob file that was awaiting to be over writen on the same cluster could have gotten mixed in with the new files?

P.S. I have checked the files on the disc and everything looks fine. This clip appears in the middle of a vob file.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  9. loaded

It could possibly be a hard disk cluster problem, but I have never heard of this.

Will hopefully get back to you.

Paul.

10. RMF

RMF Regular member

Well i don't mean that i think there could be a problem with my hard disk. I meant that when you delete files they don't actually dissapear from your hdd. They are still on there until they are over written even though you can't see them. I think that this might have been what happened. From now on i will use a couple of alternate VIDEO_TS folder. Maybe 3. One on each hdd and just switch between the 3 every time i rip a dvd.

11. corngrits

corngrits Member

I had the same thing happen. I backed up "Road Trip" with no problems.
    Then I backed up "The Big Lebowski". During TBL the screen will scramble and there's prolly jsut under a second of Road trip on it. I can do a frame by frame and I recognize the scene and clearly see 3 of the main characters from Road trip.
    I just trashed TBL and made another back up.

12. RMF

RMF Regular member

How was your audio after it happened? And did you hear any audio during the clip?

13. corngrits

corngrits Member

The audio was fine after the Road Trip clip.

There was no audio with the Road Trip clip, just the video.

I watched it on my computer and home DVD player. It was during a "busy" time in TBL movie. All sound stops and it was only about a second long. The it's back to TBL and everything is fine.