1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to my life

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by xeonix, Apr 29, 2005.

1. xeonix

xeonix Guest

Rent - $16.70
    Electric - $2.50
    Internet - $1.30
    Gas - $2.85
    Cigarettes - $1.40
    Milk - $.93
    Laundry Detergent - $.32
    Diaper/Wipes - $1.20
    Total: $31.30 - ( Daily Expenses )
    Monthly - $939.00

Wilber & Associates - $2.50
    Probation - $1.60 (On a 50$ per month plan)

Tom's Rate of pay - $6.50
    Heathers Rate of Pay - $7.50

Average Rate of pay - $7.00
    Average Hours Worked per day - 8.00 ( Going on working 7 days a week schedule) working 55 hours a week together - we average 8 hours a day together on a 7day schedule
    Average Rate Per day - 56$
    Per month Gross - $1680.00
    Net - $1440.00 <=== very Possible
    ( Right now ( During Transistion ) - $1280 )
    per week net - 320

After Expenses - $501.00 per month
    Right now - after expense - $341.00 per month

EXTRA MONEY RIGHT NOW IS $ 85.51 -- PER WEEK DURING TRANSISTION -- TO LOW!!

Plan -- Get another checking account for money to play with to keep the expense account on track, deposit 85.51 in that account each week and try to
    make it last longer than it should for a while - Wich means buying anything not listed above will be bought with that account!!

Also -- Work more hours/find a new job!!!

Date of Implementation - May,6 2005

Goal - make another checking account - and deposit 85.51 into it -- and deposit the 255.49 into the other account.

---- Note -- WE ARE F***ING 30 DOLLARS SHORT ON RENT THIS MONTH -- -- CAN I PLEASE DIE NOW!! -- IM FEELING SICK --- I MUST GO ---- turns and walks away, head hanging

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2005
  2. xeonix

xeonix Guest

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Ok, here's me:

Rent: $500
    Car Insurance: $75
    Food: $200
    Cell: $65
    Student Loans: $300
    ----------------------
    Total: $1140 (monthly)

Total income: $2430

All the rest goes towards spending cash, gas in the car ($2.40/gal), but mostly credit cards. I really gotta put those things down.

4. biglog9

biglog9 Member

LMAO
    dont buy a home then guys
    house payment $750.00
    electric $120.00
    gas $70.00
    and thats just for starters
    (if kids then... wait you dont want to know)

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

per week

rent $85
    bank loan $130
    utilities $20
    health ins. $27
    Food $50
    internet $15
    credit card $100
    school $20
    car/contents ins. $10
    savings the rest

@ xeonix: maybe give the cigs up, its not a necessarty and in the long run you'll save money

6. xeonix

xeonix Guest

My cigs keep me sane for now -- maybe after I get a better job though =D

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

$500 is just my share of the rent. $1000 total. Stay away from NY if you think that's high.

8. xeonix

xeonix Guest

sir, that is high

9. xeonix

xeonix Guest

Whats that a 1br?

10. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

this is a good money management thread, here is mine on a MONTHLY basis:

Mortgage: $2,300
    Car Insurance: $250
    Food: $500
    Cell: $145
    Wife's monthly spending: $3,000 :) im a nice husband aren't i?
    Misc stuff (ie. blank TY or Verbatim dvds) : $400
    Bills and everyday living costs here in LA (electricity, gas, water, fuel for car, satellite bill, broadband bill, cigarettes (2pack/day for me, etc) : approx: $1,000
    ----------------------
    Total: $7,595 (monthly)

Total income: $varies

i dunno how long i can keep this up...might be able to save $400 if i stop buying so much blank media~ HAHAHAHAHA...but, if i don't continue to buy them, how else am i gonna backup my entire 2,000+ dvd collection? any suggestions?

maybe i should sell my arm or something..how much are those going for on the black market these days? hehe. have a good one all~

11. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

wow I have it pretty easy for now

rent-nothing I live at home
    electricity,water-nothing
    internet-$50
    cell phone-$50
    credit cards-$100
    I rarely eat out maybe $50 (including girlfriend)
    pay rate $12.67 40hrs week
    the rest of the money goes to me buying electonic junk that I don't need and to keep the girlfriend happy(never can have enough shoes)

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

@kivory- where do you live?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2005
  13. philipman

philipman Regular member

love the smoke part I still live at home and 16 so its
    beer for a week 50 bucks
    cigs for a week 30 bucks
    video games free
    movies free
    music free
    for every thing else there is mastercard

14. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

i wont even put the figures down, you can use your imagination:
    big house
    1 newer car
    1 very new truck
    4 kids
    3 cell phones
    day care for 2 ($600 by itself)
    weed (more than day care ;)
    toys and other junk for kids
    toys for me
    toys for wife ;)
    oh plus electric, inet, insurance, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, gas, food, entertainment, ammo, hookers, drugs, and all that other happy shit that people who live at home have no idea exists and wont be able to afford once they move out and get a real job. no you know why weed is just below daycare on the necessity list.

15. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ squizzle

i live about 5 min. from Beverly Hills here in Los Angeles, southern California~ yes, the income required to reside here is horribly high, but, it's even higher in New York. but, i do what i gotta do to maintain this lifestyle for the wifey and myself. i do not have children as of yet, but, i know that will be another expense that i can add into the total at a future time~ hope i have answered your inquiry, i am a man of excess...when i do something, i always go WAYYYYY overboard, such as my blank dvd media purchasing habit in my sig. those 1,200 Taiyo Yudens, that was from a SINGLE month. :)

16. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Nice! I like to think of myself as a man of excess too, but 1200 discs in a month, that's impressive! Yeah, city life is very expensive. But you usually make more money, so it balances out.

17. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

kivory666 what the hell do u do 4 a living? 7,595 in bills monthly?! that's crazy homie.

18. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

im actually a M.D. (doctor). dvd's and computers have always been my hobby since i was younger...so, i've maintained my interest in them for a good reason, to keep me sane~ :)

im on call 24/7, so, in the time between when i am actually at home, i mess w/ computers and dvds and just relax a bit, but, i've found a very nice community here with afterdawn, so, i am just giving back a little bit to whoever needs it...i have learned a great deal from some of the members here and just want to what's best.

btw, if anyone has any questions about the brain itself, or you think something is wrong in ur head (hhahaha..i know a few members that have already requested some assistance)i would be the one to call...im a neurosurgeon (brain surgery), and yes, you can imagine how many times i've heard that line, "it's not like you're doing brain surgery" well, actually, for me, i AM. :)

rocket scientist, no i am not, but, brain surgeon, yes, i am~

this is a nice thread, it's very interesting as to ALL the different walks of life people are from to come here together to share their experiences and their ideas. have a good day to all~

19. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I've always been very interested in the way the brain works. I want to go to school for psychology, but that'll be later in life. Right now I'm working on my math degree. Actually I haven't started working on it yet, but I'm in the process of getting enrolled into school.

Sometimes I think something's wrong with my brain....well, not necessarily wrong, my brain just works differently than most people. I'm very open-minded about almost everything, and I seem to find a way to look at anything from any perspective, find good and bad with every situation, lots of people can't do that, and I consider it a blessing. When I was young I realized I was smart and I breezed through school without even really trying hard. Then I went to college for electronics engineering, full time and getting straight A's while working full time at the same time and having enough time for a girlfriend and friends (I didn't sleep much though). Then one day I took an IQ test and scored a 140. That almost floored me. Then I took another one that was geared toward people who score over 120, that was a lot more word association with words I'd never heard before and I scored a 125. Then about a year ago I took another one and got a 151. You should've seen me signing up for school, I felt like a kid in a candy store looking at the classes they offered. I have this thirst for knowledge that I want to continuously quench. So if you want to tutor someone, I'm your student!

20. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

actually yes i have a question for you kivory - my 5 year old daughter says she see's colored "sparkles" all the time, run around pointing at them. my faimly is prone to migraines but she rarely compains of headaches. Is this something you think i should get her tested for, or is it like the "dust" particles that people see once in a while in their eyeball? she always says they are colored though and i've never had that, so i didn't know if i should have her checked out or not.