1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome to my life

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by xeonix, Apr 29, 2005.

1. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@darthnip

i would suggest getting her examined, from what i can gather from your brief description, it could be one of 2 things:

1. "sparkles" can be the result of her vision, i myself have astimatism in my right eye, as i see "sparkles" myself every now and then if i blink or abruptly wake up from sleep. in terms of your daughter seeing "colored sparkles" that leads me to believe it is something else.

2. when she sees these "sparkles", does she complain about dizziness at all or even the slightest of headaches? my wife has what is called Vertigo in medical terms, which is simply level 1 dizziness. she feels as if the room is moving around, despite being completely stationary, the headaches that are associated with this is usually due to ME, hehe, i get on her nerves sometimes. :)
    i would have to do a thorough exam on your daughter before i could tell you any more, i don't want to offer you falsely based advice that could end up doing more damage than good.

my suggestion would be to take her to get checked up by your family physician or a pediatrician if available. let me know if there is any more information you could provide me, i might be able to assist you further with more facts~ thanks~

@squizzle,

i am in a very similar position as you, even as a child i breezed through school much like you did with very little effort. i scored a 160 on my IQ test a few years ago, but, have since taken another to verify my results. i think i've become "dumber" over the years~ :)

anyways, it's very admirable the thirst for knowledge that you possess, i was never good at math, but, i wish you only the very best. im more of a "science buff" when i was in school, minus the math part. :)

good day to you all, just got paged, gotta go tend to a patient now, 2:23am here in California, work is never done....

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I love science too. I used to want to be a chemist but my chemistry teacher in high school wrecked that for me. He was a horrible teacher. Out of 30 kids only 3 passed. I tried to explain to him that he's not doing a good job teaching but he insisted it wasn't his fault. I think I'm going to get back into it in college though.

Oh well, gotta go see my doctor now ;)

3. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

teachers will never admit their lack of skills in their particular field of so called "expertise"~ it's a given, but, as is such with people in general, nobody ever looks at a problem thinking that it is their own fault, everyone always points the finger at someone else. but, when 3 out of 30 pass, well, that is definitely the teacher's fault, not the students :)

going to see your doctor eh? hehe :) have a good one my friend~

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

just got back from the doc. Clean bill of health here, so that's good.

I used to piss off some of my teachers by proving them wrong. My trig teacher hated me. I would show up to class once a week and point out all of his mistakes. I could tell he got pretty steamed by that but I didn't want him teaching a classroom full of students the wrong stuff. He gave me a D even though I did all my work and tests and got A's and B's on everything.

Last edited: May 3, 2005
  5. c4iscool

c4iscool Member

that's not right did u complain to any1? I would have raised hell if a teacher did that 2 me.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i think you put mouth into action before brain into motion. & paid for it in your marks. there is other ways of resolving that problem without showing in front of the class that the teacher doesn't know what he/she is talking about.

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ kivory666 :

You're heard of Doctor ruth , well now we have doc kivory666.Man we could set a stool up some where in the hallowed halls of AD , you know your own office and charge a fortune, we could be rich well richer.After i deduct my 30% ,What do you say.............

OOPS, maybe i should of PM 'd you first

(lol)

8. ddp

good idea but too late, so we want a cut of the action too!!!

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you mercenary,[bold]ddp[/bold]

how about 2%

10. ddp

50/50 & percentage go down both of us as more people join in

11. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@ andmerr

LOL, if you could set it up somehow, i feel 30% is fair :) and the 2% w/ DDP, that is at your own discretion~ haha.

i try to help on here as much as i can, but, someone had to ask what my profession was, so i answered :p people usually come to me on here w/ TY or Verbatim questions which i have a TON of with quite a bit of personal experience, but, if someone has a real temporal lobe question, i could be of service there as well~

good day to you all, an apple a day will keep ME away~ :)

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

That might be the case, but I think it was really the fact that I never showed up. This was also the case in most of my classes. I graduated high school with a 1.2 GPA, went on to college full time while working full time and graduated with a 3.96. Go figure...

13. ddp

but did you show off the college teachers in front of the class like you did with your trig teacher??

14. squizzle

squizzle Active member

no. But I actually cared a lot more about college, so I went everyday and did my best. I was still a smartass though, but I was a little more mature in college, so I tried not to be as annoying.

15. ddp

good!!

16. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i think you are a smart one, the "smartas*" part is probably true as well, but, hey, when you got it, flaunt it~ :)

good luck to you squizzle

17. andmerr

andmerr Guest

[bold]Your right 2% for ddp is just a trifle much, wonder if he'll consider a 1/4% (note to self let ddp down gently)[/bold]

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

kivory666, whats with the 666 in your nick? being a doctor and all .or are you a metal fan, Sabbath,Tool,Electric Wizard etc.

19. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Thanks <blush>

20. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Taken from our breakroom:

[​IMG]