1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welcome!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dRD, Mar 1, 2004.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Welcome to the latest addition to our forum rooms, the Displays (TVs and Projectors) forum.

This forum is meant for chatting about TVs (whether they are plasma, HDTV, projection or traditional CRT TVs) and projectors, as related to the main topic of Home theater.

As we all know, a decent display is the heart of any home theater system and therefor we hope that you post your comments, reviews, questions and opinions about TVs to this forum and help us to build it to a valuable information resource for everyone who is looking to get more information about a particular TV model or about TV technology overall.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yes Yes Yes, another one of my specialities. If anyone needs help or advice (within reason of course as i dont know it all lol) with choosing projectors, what the different types of projector are (DLP, LCD, CRT), what you should be looking for when buying, what way they should be set up, use of Progressive scanning and scalers, etc... then im your man. I can also give advice on Plasma screens and rear TV projectors.

3. calypso44

calypso44 Member

What is the difference, (on the back of a flat LCD TV screen), between a PC-DVI input and a DVI input.

Can somebody tell me if all DVI output from PC video card are built with the HDCP coding protection has it is with the DVI output from DVD player.

In simple word, are DVI output from PC and DVD player compatible with PC-DVI and DVI input on Flat TV monitor ?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

From my understanding that would be no, A dell lcd tv has dvi but it is only acceptable with a pc and not a tv/dvd player etc