1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, I got Disc ID Utility to work in PsTwo Slim..

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ayalove, May 2, 2005.

1. ayalove

ayalove Member

^^ Just got it working lol.

I have flip top modded ps2 Slim and when I was trying to change cd to play different game, I accidently pressed my flip top edge down(Top of power switch) and the cd suddenly stop spinning.

After thinking about hour or so, I d/l and burnt Disc ID util in hope of getting DNAS numbers out,

I put Swap Magic cd in, then swaped with Disk ID util and I see the screen comes up and cd keep spinning, THE MAIN PROBLEM FOR PS2 SLIM USERS.

So I pressed the edge of flip top down, and cd stoped, I quickly swap ID cd to my ps2 original game and let the flip top the way it was. CD starts spinnning again.

Now I see DNAS numbers on my screen OMG.. Don't even have to think about taking disk out while spinning.

Just saying that you find something everydays..haha
    I might be just my flip top I have little gap between flip top and the base of ps2, but other with fllip top should try as well,

2. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

Hye I just want u to tell u this tip. Whenever you play online, they only check to see if the DNAS is legitimate or not (it means it was created by Sonyor U). So dont try to get the real DNAS from the game ur trying to play online. Cause then u have to do that to every other game, it will take too much time. Simply copy the DNAS from a game that DOES NOT feature online play (keep u safe from banning) and patch it to a game that feature online play. Make sure this game is very crappy so no1 will have the same DNAS like u.

3. Dimentor

Dimentor Member

Where do i get the DNAS file from - i put an offline ps2 game into my dvd rom but saw no dnas folder .. Do i need to get the disc ID from it with the Disc ID utility?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you have to load the disc id utility in your ps2 and read the id from there.

5. Dimentor

Dimentor Member

Yeah, well shortly after asking that previous question of mine i figured it out.. But thanx for answering it anyways..

Actually i now have another question that not even the staff to the program i use could solve..

But i will start another thread for that..