1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went from 3.5 to 1.5, then to 3.51 all w/in a day.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by m3thod, Aug 2, 2007.

1. m3thod

m3thod Member

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here, as this is my first post in afterdawn's forums, but I figured I'd let it be known. Having looked through other forums, I began reading into psp mods and firmware. I've previously had emulators on my pc, so I was drawn in. However, I saw many times about how going from 3.5 (which is what I started off with), and then going back from 1.5 to 3.5 could not be done. This is not true. I played around w/a few emulators, found that the snes emu was too laggy, and wasnt as happy w/the lack of features left on the psp. Then I went to my friends. He just picked up Killzone: Liberation, which I wanted to try out. When the UMD icon loaded up, below it was a prompt to update to 2.80, which it let me (I downgraded using the Lumines approach). So while doing this, I was able to take all the old Emu's/Rom's off, and now I have my PSP back to the way it was before. I was curious to see if anyone else has used Killzone for this?

2. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

hmmm....maybe you could be the person to make the next CF creator....hmm

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

You just cant go higher the 3.11 after you downgrade from 3.50. Don't try to update to 3.50 again.

4. m3thod

m3thod Member

Once I updated from 1.5 to 2.8 w/killzone, I used the 3.51 update my friend had on his memory stick. I have no intentions of downgrading again, the emulators seem to run much smoother on pc anyhow, plus it was missing too many features.

5. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

5 more minutes of reading you would have figured out about custom firmware... o well.

About upgrading back above 3.30, it only affects TA-082 or newer motherboards.