1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Went on xbox live now some of my backups dont work

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drogomir, Feb 12, 2007.

1. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

I went on xbox live 3 days ago and downlaod a update file for nba2k7. ever since that my xbox360 dvd drive does not read all my backups well. I just tried to play Fifa 07 and it keeps saying unplayable disc. That game has never given me any problems before and its not an old disc nor is it dirty or scratch. I think that update did something to my dvd drive> I might have to flash my drive again. Too bad cause i did not want to have to open my up again. Any ideas anyone?

2. JoshyBoy

JoshyBoy Regular member

do allll of your backups not work? or just fifa?

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Just wondering... do you have the hitachi drive? It seems lately that there's been alot of posts with people having problems with the hitachi drive not being able to play their backups.

4. maugust

maugust Member

is it saying "open tray" when you put the disc in?

5. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

I have the hitachi 47dj drive and so far pro evolution 2007 and fifa are given me problems, sometimes it says open tray and other times unplayable disc. I have over 30 backup games and i haven't had time to check the others yet. I was thinking of flashing my drive again with the maximus garyopa v2.3. I originally had flashed it with the v.2.2. I'm not sure whether i should flash the drive to return it to its original state first then flash with the garyopa v.2.3 or do i just flash over the v.2.2 that's already on the drive. Also i noticed alot of people said they had problems with their backups after putting labels on them, but my backups with labels were working fine until i downloaded this nba 2k7 game file upgrade. I had to take off the labels afterwards but still my drive is acting weird with some of my games. Games that never ever give me problems. Let me know what you think guys. Thanks

6. drogomir

drogomir Regular member

I have the hitachi 47dj drive and so far pro evolution 2007 and fifa are given me problems, sometimes it says open tray and other times unplayable disc. I have over 30 backup games and i haven't had time to check the others yet. I was thinking of flashing my drive again with the maximus garyopa v2.3. I originally had flashed it with the v.2.2. I'm not sure whether i should flash the drive to return it to its original state first then flash with the garyopa v.2.3 or do i just flash over the v.2.2 that's already on the drive. Also i noticed alot of people said they had problems with their backups after putting labels on them, but my backups with labels were working fine until i downloaded this nba 2k7 game file upgrade. I had to take off the labels afterwards but still my drive is acting weird with some of my games. Games that never ever give me problems. Let me know what you think guys. Thanks

7. xsalernox

xsalernox Member

i have a samsung drive, and sometimes i put a game in like fifa07 and at the main menu of the xbox screen it says reading then after a moment it says open tray...so after a while(turnin the 360 off) it works.

8. maugust

maugust Member

go to xbox-scene.com and search open tray. there is a fix for this

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Burn at 4x

10. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

The words of wisdom.