1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEP KEY 4 PSP PLZ READ AND HELP

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by eddo1234, Sep 16, 2007.

1. eddo1234

eddo1234 Member

Whats a WEP Key and where can i find it or get it? plz help!

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

a WEP key is a password for a wireless router. it's required to be able to get access to the internet.

3. eddo1234

eddo1234 Member

and where do i get it

4. mingman82

mingman82 Member

You can only get the code(if there is a key) from the owner of the wireless access point. In coffee shops and such they will give you a card with the key code on it...A Wep key is not the same in all places, so if your thinking that all psp users use the same code, and this is where they get their internet...your wrong.

5. eddo1234

eddo1234 Member

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It is a security password for wireless connections. Without the security it would allow unauthorized people to connect to the network.

If this is your wirless connection and your using a wirless router. You should be able to find the default WEP password on the bottom of your wireless router.

look for SSID: PASSWORD AFTER
    Or maybe WEP KEY: KEY AFTER

Something along those sorts.

If you just did a scan on your PSP and the SSID is password protected and this isn't your wireless network then as cee43ja1 said above you will need to ask them for the password. Which I doubt they would give it to you.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  7. OcelotRev

OcelotRev Member

ok dude to find your wepkey just got into your internet bar search bar and type. 195.165,1.1 or somethin like that

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@OcelotRev

Going to your router/wireless settings to get your WEPKEY might not work. The passkey usually shows ***** not the actual passkey itself.

It should be on the bottom of the router/wireless unit if you used the default passkey. If you created the passkey yourself and forget what it was then you could change it in the router/wireless setting via browser to something else.

If it ask for the old passkey in order to reset to a new passkey then you will need to manually hit the reset button on the router/wireless to hard reset all settings to default (there should be an option to reset the router/wireless via browser settings but I don't know if that will reset the wireless passkey).

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  9. OcelotRev

OcelotRev Member

dude reset yyour modem and refresh a new wepkey

10. ridwan232

ridwan232 Member

hey.

I have the solution for your problem. The WEP Key is your wireless password. It restricts other users from accessing your internet/DSL Connection and therefor using it and making your connection a tad bit slow. For Example.

I can come a little close to your house ( or i might be your neighbor )
    I do a small scan for the Wireless SSID's available and if you have no wireless security i can access your internet through my PSP or Laptop.

How do i find my WEP?

Well you will have to go to your configuration/Setup of your router. There you should see something like wireless and then leads to wireless security or wireless security. Once you find the wireless security you must find the WEP Key.Normally there are many WEP Key's. Just pick one out and enter it on your PSP When asked and

VOILA!!!!!!

You now have internet Connection for your PSP.REMEMBER:- RSS feeds are one of the most used internet features on the PSP. IT is super cool. You can get streamed videos too.

Well i hope i helped

11. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

Mines on the bottom of my router.

12. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

The WEP key is also known as wireless key for wireless routers so check your router.