1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

were can i get a pre-modded dreamcast??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bmgdbz, Jan 11, 2004.

1. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

does anybody know were can i get a pre-modded dreamcast?? and i know ther a little old but i wanted 2 try 1 out and Ya i wasnt sure were 2 post this but i figured ppl might know here. So anybody know were i could get 1 cause im not experieced with soldering and i also dont want 2 bother with swapping discs because most of my games are guna be burnt if i get a pre-modded system.

2. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]i dont think they sell premodded dreamcast anymore. i've been lookin at many sites but all i can find is dreamcast mod chips.

3. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

damn that sux well thanx anyways i might go with the dreamcast boot disc but if anybody else knows were u can get 1 PLZZZZZ let me know thanx for any help

4. simis69

simis69 Member

i have a dreamcast and most of the games are selfbooting and don't need a mod chip a few are too big to fit the boot files and i have to use Utopias boot disk, why would you need it to be modded?
    all of the dreamcast games are g-cds and hold can up to 1gig of data and they can't read a dvd so you have to put it on a cd.

5. bmgdbz

bmgdbz Regular member

so are u telling me u can make a strait copy with clone cd and the dreamcast will just boot it if the cd is less than 800 megs but if its more u need a chip or boot cd?? and how would u copy a disc thats 1gig?

6. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

^No^ The Dreamcast Discs cannot be copied like a regular disc. You need to do the same as Xbox and have the DC hooked up to your PC and extract the info. Good luck trying to find the adapter though.

7. beto1

beto1 Member

I have a modded dreamcast. If you are intersted you can e-mail me at [bold]nvee@sbcglobal.net[/bold]

8. simis69

simis69 Member

i see now why you need the mod chip, for backing up the games, i found all my the DC backup iso on the net, that was a good bit ago! the DC only reads CD's so you'd have to rip files(from 1gig) to get it to fit onto the 800MB cd.
    you need the broadband adapter to connect it to your pc, they don't make them any more and are exspesive once you get it, i know DC backup games could be bought cheap.like a few bucks a game, if you can;t find them on the net! but you still won't be able to make a one for one copy of your games due to media restrictions (800MB CD), so i still see it point less to get a mod chip!!!

9. xhg

xhg Member

please, please. dreamcast runs on windows ce - what could be easier to crack?

you don't need a chip to play backups and they are very easy to make. there are different tools that help you to create self-boot cds or you could just use a boot disc (which is much easier to use than the one for ps2).

dreamcast games are on cds so you will never have the problem that one does not fit one a cdr.

there are even homemade apps and games today. check http://www.dcemulation.com/ for more info and for backup tools/tutorials.