1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about WEBM to VOB?

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by tehroxxor, Jul 8, 2017.

1. tehroxxor

tehroxxor Member

This looks like a great forum. People seem more helpful here than at a lot of other places I've visited. Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.

For years, I've used DVD Flick to convert a few popular formats to VOBs, which I send over to DVD Rebuilder and/or DVDShrink to get the ISOs I need to create DVDs. It works most of the time, with occasional video stutters and misaligned audio.

And then WEBM cam along.

I can convert WEBM to another format with VLC Media Player, but it's a hassle, to be honest. I would love to find something that will convert WEBM directly to VOB, if possible. I assume anything that can do that will also handle the other, traditional formats as well.

If I can convert WEBM and replace DVD Flick with something more reliable, even better.

I'm willing to buy software that is reputable and offers a measure of support, such as official forums. Something that will still be around in a couple of years would be nice. I'm not interested in subscription-based software at this time.

Free is great, but I'm not holding out much hope. I'm not into watermarks.

If I can replace DVD Flick and Windows Movie Maker at the same time, I'd be in heaven.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

3. tehroxxor

tehroxxor Member

It does not need to be free. It just needs to work very well.

Anyone?

4. tehroxxor

tehroxxor Member

Does anyone like Any Video Converter Ultimate?

It seems that not only do I need to replace DVD Flick, I also need to replace Windows Movie Maker.

5. attar

attar Senior member

Any Video Converter Free and Ultimate are both based on ffmpeg.
    The people who donated their time and know-how to create ffmpeg didn't intend their work to be used by commercial interests.
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4975

As scorpNZ suggests, give AVStoDVD a shot.It's updated regularly and supported by the author.

6. tehroxxor

tehroxxor Member

Wow. I very much appreciate that post. I had no idea there was something shady going on with Any Video Converter.

Thanks!

7. JezBin

JezBin Newbie

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  8. tehroxxor

tehroxxor Member

I've installed AVStoDVD, which is working fairly well for some files, but does not recognize WEBM.

I really need another package to convert WEBM to something I can work with, such as MPG or MP4.

If I'm going to pay for the software, it needs to do a LOT more than just convert files. One program recommended above is $40 and only converts.

I cannot be the only person on the planet needing to convert WEBM. I keep finding applications billed as "free," but are actually trial versions, or leave watermarks. Then there are all the fake applications out there that only install malware.

Someone, please help me out!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  9. attar

attar Senior member

When it displays the message saying it's unrecognized, do you tell it to continue anyway?