1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what about xvid?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rainonme, Sep 16, 2004.

1. rainonme

rainonme Guest

Hi everyone. I have the entire season of Last Exile (1-26) in xvid format and I'm just wondering which software would convert it the fastest and would allow me to put more than 4 episodes per dvd? I just learned the answer to this question with regards to avi files (thanks to this site!), but I haven't really come across conversion software for xvid. I'm kinda new @ this, any help would be greatly appreciated! =)

2. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

WinAvi works great for converting xvid files I have never had a porblem with it...it does cost 29.99 there is a free trial, but after several failed attempts with other programs(trust me we are talkng many failed attempts and many wasted hours) i broke down and paid the 29.99 its well worth it very simple (2 clicks), you have a choice of what you want to convert your file to ex. mpeg1 mpeg2 vcd svcd or DVD (what i use) there you go......

any questions feel free to ask

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  3. rainonme

rainonme Guest

Thanks for the info! I think I'll try it. I've also heard that a lot of the encoders are picky about the file source- if it's not perfect, it will not convert it or something like that. Would you happen to know how that can be avoided?

4. Navig8r

Navig8r Regular member

Well to be honest I have yet to run into a prob, once i did have some weird thing with a file but I just deleted to converted file (not original) and tried again and walla worked fine