1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What after G04

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by ultravia, Apr 30, 2005.

1. ultravia

ultravia Guest

Ive been using G04 disc's and been having no trouble with them.Now i cant seem to get any more what would be a good disc to buy?
    Ive got a Pioneer DVR-106D burner.
    Thanks

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The maxell -4x yellowtops that say Made in Taiwan are Ritek-g04's.Check out the shrink wrap label,usually a sticker on it.The japanese yellowtops are excellent also: Ty-g01 and Mxl-rg02.I'd take any of them any day.

Ty-g01's are some of the best.
    Verbatim data life plus +/-8x are very good. Metal azo dye,excellent.
    Sony -1x-8x made in japan,coded Sony08d1 are looking great.Ignore the -1x-4x and 4x dash sony media.

I don't burn a lot of dash media,but all of these worked very well.
    0 coasters.

I've got a few standalones that won't play my dash backups from both my benq's.

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Because most of the Maxell DVD-R (4x) are RitekG04 or TYG0? I assume they would be a good kind (good gamble) to get.

Some of those are Mxl-rg02, as stated above.

What is your opinion on the Mxl-rg02 ?

I have Ridata (RITEKG04) and I am pleased with them.
    If I catch a batch that are TYG0x ever better :)

But if I do get some Maxell and oops, get some Mxl-rg02 I want to know if they're ok or considered cheap cheap media.

And yes, I will go visit the videohelp site :) and see what they say about the Mxl-rg02.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Excellent!

These are made in japan,by hitachi i believe,and the majority of my yellowtops had this code.I have used all the various packs/spindles from 3/5/10/15/25/and 50 packs. The last batch I got had a white sticker stating Made in Taiwan and they were the ritek-g04's. The ty's are a lot harder for me to find seeing as how they and mxl-rg02 are both made in japan on those shrink wrappers.

That's why I refer many newbs who want to burn the dash format and get local store media to try them.All three manufacturers are very good no matter which spindle size or jewel case pack you get. I can't complain about any of them,except one burner didn't like the ritek's so I pulled it out for another benq 1620.