1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what am i doin wrong

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by StpidNewb, Feb 23, 2005.

1. StpidNewb

StpidNewb Member

i have tdk dvd-r 8x and imation dvd-r 8x ive burned movies on both discs but when i try to play them on two dvd players it doesnt wrok but they work on my xbox and portable i burn with tda and on vcdhelp it says the two that dont play them play dvd-r's. so i must be doing sumthin wrong plz help

2. hursty

hursty Active member

make sure you burn them with region free selected
    if this dont work the likely cause is a compatibilty issue with media and your standalone dvd player(it doesnt like dvd-r)normally its the other way around though?(they prefer dvd-r)
    in which case try some dvd+r type media

Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

Discs don't just play on some players and not others unless there is a compatibility problem of some sort. Hursty covered that fairly well. Try the +R format as he suggested to see if that helps. Since the DVDs play on some players, the fault appears to be with the ones that don't. I purchased a Philips that will play just about anything. I had an older player that wouldn't consistently play discs of the same format.

4. StpidNewb

StpidNewb Member

how do u burn them region free slected?????????????

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Region free shouldn't be an issue if you play other DVDs on the player; unless you got a dvd with another region setting (in which case it probably wouldn't play on the other players either). AnyDVD from SlySoft makes everything region free though. They have a 3 week trial. http://www.slysoft.com
    Here's the description:
    AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well. With AnyDVD's help copy tools like CloneDVD, Pinnacle Instant Copy, InterVideo DVD-Copy, etc. are able to copy CSS protected Movies. With the help of AnyDVD you can watch movies with non matching region codes with every DVD Player Software you like! AnyDVD decrypts not just DVDs: AnyDVD allows you also to play, copy and rip protected Audio CDs!

AnyDVD is the best of its type and if you are going to do many DVD backups, it's a good app to have. I use both AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter and I haven't had any failed projects due to breaking encryption.

DVD Decrypter also has settings for different regions.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2005