1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am i doing wrong........grrrrrr

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by GoofyBoy, Sep 6, 2004.

1. GoofyBoy

GoofyBoy Guest

Hi every1,
    I would like2 know the procedures for burning an mpeg onto a dvd disc so that it will play back on my standard home dvd player.Is this possible? I am using a vox external 2.0 capture device and running my vcr/vhs thru that and recording straight to my hard drive, so far so good, then i try to burn it on 2 a dvd r using ulead burning program,(so far so good) once it finishes burning i play it in my dvd player it comes out all stuffed up,black and white,rolling picture,the top of the screen is down the bottom etc, however when i put the dvd player onto my capture device and watch it on my pc it comes out perfect. Whys that? am i doing something wrong i have tried 2 video capture programs.1.Intervideo Msipvs. 2.Ulead movie factory, but they both come out the same, is there some settings that i need to tweak in these capture programs or do i have to take the mpegs and change them to another format. i dont even know the difference between an mpeg1 or mpeg2 and how to determine which of these catogories my captured movies fall under, please any imput would be greatly appreciated.
    Goofy

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Sounds Like either your DVD Player or TV set are Humped...
    I don"t see why it would Work when your DVD Player is hooked up to the Capture device but not when hooked up to the TV set....It is very strange...

Maybe take the DVD over to a Friends House and see if it works on his TV/DVD Player?

3. GoofyBoy

GoofyBoy Guest

Thanks 4 that, i think i have just sorted this problem, i have dropped the kbps rate to 2500 and it now works perfectly on the tv, my settings were too high and the tv obviously couldnt encrypt it fast enuf or something like that but i have now captured and burnt 4 discs yay.