1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what am i doing wrong? (if anything)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by paul91, Feb 26, 2007.

1. paul91

paul91 Regular member

ok i have a flashed hitachi 360 and want to backup my games.i bought the xbox pre-flashed back in september and havnt flashed it since. i have followed 4 different tutorials and have still not yet managed to create a working backup. i have the kreon flashed DVD-ROM drive to read the xbox 360 discs and have an LG GSA-4163B Dual Layer burner.ive used xbox backup creator and schtrom to take images of the games successfully and tried burning the .dvd file with imgburn and my xbox wont read the discs. im using verbatim DL's which apparently are very good so i dont think thats the problem.

can anyone shed some light on my problem?

thanks

2. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

im not sure if u dvd buring requires u to do this or not but have u went to Layer Break Options for DL media ->User Specified
    -> and typed 1913760 in the blank sectors.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  3. paul91

paul91 Regular member

yep ive tried that with every burn and ive also booktyped to DVD-ROM as well

4. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

do u kno any1 else with a burned 360 game that u could test to see if the console is actually flashed?

5. paul91

paul91 Regular member

well unfortunately not but i definately know the console has been flashed as i have some pre-backed up games (done by the previous owner) that work like a charm

6. steimy

steimy Active member

well, as long as your using the newest version of XBC and making a back up from an original disc that would rule out the game not being copied as stealth (having the SS.bin, DMI.bin and PFI.bin all which i think are needed with your drive).
    I also just started burning games last week. Using Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and IMGburn. Although i have the Samsung drive in my 360.
    I burn them at 4X speed and i have not had one coaster yet.
    Only thing i manually had to do was what was already mentioned, which is set the payer break.

here is the only really good tutorial i know. Did the person who flashed it actually test it? Because the person who did mine tested it and the first flash did not work and had to be re-flashed.

http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutori...ups-samsung-sh-d162c-xbox-backup-creator.html

also there is a guy at that site with a usernamed "Sadalius"
    He knows a ton about 360 modding and back ups so he may be able to help you too.

7. paul91

paul91 Regular member

well thanks for the info and ill definately have a look at the website provided

as i said up there i got some pre-backed up games with the console so i suppose that rules out a bad flash

*edit* believe it or not that is one of the tutorials i followed lol

8. steimy

steimy Active member

sorry, i was actually typing the message when you said that so i did not see it until after i wrote mine.
    If his backed up games worked then it has to be something with your DVD Burner or the process you use to back them up.

Have you tried updating the burners firmware (if any available)

I made 2 with XBC
    I went in, click the unlock drive button (under tools i think), then copied the disc to HDD
    Then opened IMGburn (not version 2.2 as people have problems with it, so if that is what you have get 2.1 instead)
    set the layer break
    selected the DVD file and burned at 4X
    My burner is booktyped to DVD-Rom for all DVD+R or DVD+R DL discs so i did not need to do that manually in IMGburn

9. Astromic

Astromic Member

I was under the impression that the old burner that works for burning 360 games is the pioneer 111d updated to 111f?

If this is untrue, I guess I wasted $45 on a new burner when I started making backups lol.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

the only drives i know about for backing up 360 games are the Samsung drives. SH-D162C or TS-H352C
    there is a third one that i bought which is the SATA version of the SH-D162C as well. YOu flash them and can then make copies of Xbox 360 games with Xbox Backup Creator.

There may be a pioneer that can do it and i may just have never heard of that method.

11. paul91

paul91 Regular member

yep ive got 2.1 and i followed those instructions when burning thegames but i will try updating my dvd writers softwareand post back

12. Astromic

Astromic Member

No I am talking about burning them, not taking the image. From his post I am understanding it that he is getting a good working image but his burner is not burning properly. Thought the only burner that could do these backups was the Pioneer 111D.

13. decline55

decline55 Member

Hey Paul,

I WAS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS EVERYTIME I MADE A BACKUP. IT WOULD START TO LOAD AND THEN I WOULD GET THE DIRTY DISK ERROR. I TRIED USING SEVERAL
    DIFFERENT TYPES OF DISK - VERBATIM, HP, MEMOREX, TDK. I HAVE A HP DVD WRITER THAT I USE TO RIP THE GAMES THEN BURN THEM. AFTER SEVERAL FAILED ATTEMPTS I REALIZED THAT THE ONLY DVDS THAT WERE SOMEWHAT COMPATIBLE WITH MY BURNER WERE THE TDK. SO I WAS ABLE TO GET ONE BACKUP TO WORK BUT I DIDNT KNOW WHAT I DID DIFFERENTLY. THEN RECENTLY I FIGURED IT OUT. WHAT I DO NOW THAT WORKS IS - 1. I USE TDK'S (MAYBE NOT THE BEST BUT THE ONLY ONE I COULD GET TO WORK) 2. I USED IMAGE BURN (CLONE CD DOESN'T WORK GREAT WITH ALL BURNERS AND XBOX BACKUP CREATOR CAN ONLY BURN IMAGES IF THEY ARE MADE A CERTAIN WAY) 3. I SET THE LAYBREAK AT 1913760 (DO THIS BY GOING INTO SETTING AND THE WRITE TAB AND SET LAYBREAK) 4. PATCHED THE ISO WITH SS-MERGER AND CREATED THE .DVD FILE (DONT BOTHER HAVING IT CHECK THE DATABASE 5. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP - NO BACKUPS WOULD WORK UNTIL I DID THIS - RIGHT CLICK THE .DVD AND OPEN IT WITH WORDPAD - IN WORD PAD IT SHOULD HAVE LAYER BREAK - 1913760 AND SOMETHING ELSE WRITTEN UNDER IT. DELETE LAYER BREAK - 1913760 BUT LEAVE THE OTHER STUFF. 6. AFTER THIS IT SHOULD BURN FINE. IF IMAGE BURN SAYS YOU THE FILE IS NOT RECONIZED THEN THAT MEANS THE BACKUP IS NO GOOD AND IF IT STOPS WHILE BURNING THAT JUST MEANS YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE.

SO TRY USING DIFFERENT DVDS AND THIS METHOD TO SEE IF IT WORKS. ALSO IF YOU HAVE THE PROBLEM OF THE DISK NOT LOADING AND IT SAYS UNRECONIZED INSTEAD OF UNREADABLE JUST KEEP TRYING THIS JUST MEANS IT COULDENT READ IT RIGHT - SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO PLAY WITH IT UNTIL IT WORKS.

-DECLINE55

14. steimy

steimy Active member

Astromic, no, only certain drives can read the original Xbox discs.
    But any drive can burn the ISO once it is made, well any dual layer burner that is. Mine is a BenQ DW1655 and i have done about 20-25 so far and not one of them has failed to work. The only extra step i take is to check with Xbox Backup Creator with the stealth function to make sure the Video file and Security Sector are in the ISO like they should be. If they are then you just burn away.

and decline55, take off the freakin caps lock already. Did you not read the forum rules?
    If your burner is any good and has the latest manufacturers or 3rd party firmware then it should have no problem burning to different types of DVD's. Especially not the Verbatim DVD+R DL that he is using, which is the same disc everyone else i know is using.

15. pushur

pushur Member

Are you burning the discs region free?

I was getting alot of coasters in the begining and for the life of me couldn't figure out why
    Flashed my BenQ1650 and all seems to work great

16. killalot

killalot Active member

paul91 ive got LG GSA-4163B first backup i tried with the lg didn’t even get to the burn process so you are lucky you got that far when i used my Sony burner worked perfect so ild say it’s the lg burner

17. paul91

paul91 Regular member

thanks alot i cant remember what the error is but its definately either unrecognised or unreadable so ill give what u said a shot ;)