1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what am i doing wrong ps2 backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mathsid, May 5, 2004.

1. mathsid

mathsid Member

I have been trying to backup my sons ps2 games but without any luck please can anyone help, i have imaged the game with dvd decrypter to iso then used write iso onto dvd + r disc but although the ps2 is chipped none have played as of yet, thank to anyone who replies.

2. carrick

carrick Member

Most versions of the PS2 have compatibility issues with DVD+R so if possible use DVD-R. There's an FAQ somewhere in these forums if you want to check your PS2 version

3. mathsid

mathsid Member

Thanks for your help Carrick, looks as if I'm out of luck my writer won't accept dvd r cheers.

4. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

ps2 versions 1-3 and [bold]some[/bold] version 4's can't read dvd+r. versions 5+ can read dvd+r. check to see what version you have at http://www.netpcdirect.co.uk/which_vers_ps2.php
    If you have a version 1-4 then that's your problem. If it's a version 5+ then it's somthing else. I'd check to make sure.

5. joe_qat

joe_qat Member

Ok I have a version 4 playstation which is capable of reading dvd+r movies does this mean it will be able to read any drd+r games I backup?