1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I doing wrong

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by hllywd, Apr 7, 2003.

1. hllywd

hllywd Guest

My gameshark for ps2has been defiledso I downloaded a copy.It was a binfile and had the cue.I checked the cue it burned with nero but when I insert into ps2 it asks for ps2 or ps compatable disk please help me.

2. Liquid86

Liquid86 Guest

You can't run burned cd's on a ps or ps2 without some modifications. Sony knew how easy it was to copy CD's so they built in a ton of copywrite protection features into their consoles. What you need to do (if its worth it to you) is get a mod chip for your ps2, the messiah 2 seems to be the best one though i have never actually tinkered with a modded ps2. If you are only going to do this so you can use your gameshark it may not be worth it, since modding the system requires obtaining the chip and soldering it into the ps2. If you hve never soldered b4 then I woul advise against this, it takes a steady hand and a lot of practice to do it right.

3. hllywd

hllywd Guest

Hey thanks for your help spending all that money on a modchip just to most likley turn around and have to buy a new ps2(me and electronics don't mix)I'll just buy a new gameshark.