1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am i doing wrong???????????

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kulraj14, Dec 1, 2004.

1. kulraj14

kulraj14 Member

I have continually tried to make my back ups work and never get the answer.
    I have a PAL PS2 which is version 7 and PAL swap magic dvd disk 2.0, LITE-ON dvd rw, verbatim datalifeplus
    advanced AZO dvd-r disks and dvd decrypter.

Tried on granturismo 3 and this is what I did:
    put granturismo 3 in dvd-rom drive and clicked on dvd decrypter and clicked on mode>iso>read and then put in the place were i wanted the game to be saved and then clicked decrypt and then it said operation successful.

put in a verbatim datalifeplus dvd-r blank disk and then chose the granturismo 3 iso file which was 3.43gb and clicked on mode>iso>write and then clicked on verify and then clicked on 1x write speed and it then took and an hour and then said operation successful. I then put the disk into my ps2 with swap magic and it doesn’t work, it loads up to 'Sony entertainment presents' and then goes into a black screen.

And this also happens on my other games but some of them work.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

Not sure what to tell you. Try using a differnt type of media. Some times different versions like and don't like certain disks. That could be the problem. I have been using Ritek for a couple years with no problmes until recetly. So I don't know if I should suggest them or not. I would buy just a couple of a few different brands of DVD-r disks and give them each a try and see what happens.

Not sure what caliber of computer you are using but I have a basic run of the mill type computer and I shut off everything, firewall, anti-virus etc... when I rip and burn anything.

If you still have problems try a differnt burning software. Try to get your hands on Nero 6.3.1.2 if you can. I've been real happy with it.

Hope this helps some.

3. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

i also was having the same issue. However, you should do what Cachorrao said. I also went out and purchased memorex, sony, fujifilm, and some no name brand from best buy. sony and fujifil work great, but the other two won't work for crap. even though many people here use memorex and they say it works great. all depends on your ps2.

4. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

The V7 (which I have) seem to be more tempramental than the other versions for some reason.

5. kulraj14

kulraj14 Member

thanks for all your advice, really appreciate it,
    Cachorrao what option do you use on nero 6.3.1.2 to burn, i mean you have different options to burn e.g. copy dvd, burn to dvd,
    thanks any advice would be appreciated

6. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

it sounds like you're having problem with your media brand.
    I had that problem too when I first burnt my game with crap Memorex.
    Now im burning everything with Ritek Go4, the game boots just like original one.

7. kulraj14

kulraj14 Member

can someone please give me instructions on how to burn a succesful ps2 backup using nero 6.3.1.2
    please can u tell me what what you did when you used nero to burn backups and what type of media and what version ps2 you have.
    thanks

8. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

dude go buy another brand of media DVD-R and burn and see what is going to b the result. It is not which software you use to burn, it is the brand of the media ur using.

9. kulraj14

kulraj14 Member

thanks, can you suggest a website where i can buy some ritek go4 dvd-r disks and other types disks that you recomend and are they sold in England.
    thanks

10. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

11. kulraj14

kulraj14 Member

thanks but which one on that website are the ones that i should buy.
    thanks

12. XhitmanX

XhitmanX Member

Just my opinion but I think the "burn at 1X on ritek G04 DVD-R only" is a bunch of hype. I've used Sony, Memorex, Maxell...which ever brand is the cheapest at Wally World at the time, burn them at 4x, 8x...what ever their max speed happens to be at the time. My only 3 constants are:
    1. Liteon DVDRW SOHW-1633S
    2. DVD Decrypter (Iso -> Read, Iso-> Write)
    3. No other processes going on (ie..edonkey, bittorrent)

I've backed up nearly 50 of my originals (which I legally own) and haven't had a coaster yet.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2004
  13. PBabble

PBabble Guest

It might not at all be your discs or how you burn them.
    If you say you've got some games working then you've obviously done the right thing.
    Which Swap Magic are you using? If it's the DVD ver 2.0, it's probably not compatible with GT3.
    I've had problems with Time Crisis 2 on which I burnt a backup using DVD Decryptor, and used Nero to burn. Once I loaded it up on DVD Swap Magic, I got music juddering around every 4 seconds, and my friend said after you finish it it just crashes. Also Soul Calibur 2 just crashes after the blue border screen comes up on the DVD Swap Magic screen.
    I tried it using CD Swap Magic 3 with the High TOC DVD Swap method, and it worked like a charm without the music problems. Maybe it's just your DVD Swap Magic not being fully compatible with the game. At least it loaded it up a bit, and with all your encrypting/burning operations succeeding I can't see any problems with your media.

Try using your Swap Magic CD, boot it up, normal eject and put in a High TOC DVD or just your DVD Swap Magic. Once your TOC has loaded up, and the screen says "Please insert Program CD", flip top swap to your GT3 and load it up. Hope that makes a difference!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2004
  14. kulraj14

kulraj14 Member

thanks everyone, i finally got them working, i bought a new dvd rw and tryed it on my other computer and it worked

15. dilligafm

dilligafm Member

did u manage to burn the game on a DVD-RW and it worked in the ps2?

16. kulraj14

kulraj14 Member

i found out it wasnt my media, it was my sofware, so i uninstalled everything i ever download like alchohol, dvd decrypter etc. i went out and bought a new dvd rw and i think it the lite-on SOHW, i am very impressed with and it is much better than my old one. so i put it into my other computer and downloaded dycrpter and now it works great

17. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

The thing about burning at 1x has a lot to do with your computer. How fast yoiur hard drive is, memory etc... If you have a real high end computer then you probably won't ahve any problems burnignat high speeds. If you have an average computer from 5 years ago liek I do you get problems. When buringin CD's I generaly use 8x to be safe, 12x max. If I use 16x I always have problems.

To copy PS2 disk with Nero is very easy. DOuble click your start smart icon. You'll get your lsit of applications ont he left. Click Nero burnign rom. A new window will open that wil say "new compilation" with a drop down menu to chose CD/DVD/HD burn, click DVD. Then the window will give you options of what type of disk to burn. DVD-rom, DVD copy, DVD video etc... Click DVD copy. You will have 3 tabs int he new window, image, copy options and burn. On the write tab is where you can chose what speed to burn at. The default set ups is pretty much the way to go.

18. rustyfanz

rustyfanz Guest

mabye get a better brand of DVD.