1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am i doing wrong.......

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Jaff, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Jaff

Jaff Member

Hello all!

I have spend a while now trying different brands dvd's, burning programs etc but NOTHING works

I have a PS2 v4 pal with a matrix infinity chip v1.38
    I burn my dvd's on a P3 1Ghz using WinXP SP2.
    My dvd burner is a NEC-2510

When i burn cd's , all works fine , but when i burn dvd's, my PS2 refuses to boot them.

i tried nero, alcohol 120%, clonedvd, and now DVDdycrypt which seems to work a bit, my dvd GAMES are being recognized as a dvd video.

Is my PS2 too old ? wtf am i doing wrong ????
    i tried both dvd+R and dvd-R several brands....
    i am lost here....

Anyone had this problem too ????

any help would be appreciated....

Grtz
    Jaff

2. Nightdawg

Nightdawg Guest

I am not sure what you are doing wrong. I have the same exact problem with the same version of PS2. I am able to copy the files on to a blank DVD +rw and I can see the files listed on the computer just like the original copy, however when i boot the backup it is not recognized. I have a DUO chip. My PS2 recognizes and plays backed up DVD +rw movies.

Cannot figure out why it will recognize backed up games. Anyone know? I have used Nero and DVD decrypter but it still does not recognize the games at boot up.

3. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Ok in each post i didn't see you guys say whether you were just copying disc to disc or ripping the DVD and burning the .bin, .nrg, .cue or whatever format IMAGE of the disc to the DVD-R. If your not doing that then try it out, i have a V1 PS2 (16th PS2 release at Wal-Mart) and my back ups work fine, well that's before my PS2 died of old age.

DVD Dectrypter will do the trick, just go to the options for "DVD to ISO" or whatever (at work don't know exaclty what it says), and then rip the image to your HD. Make sure to have enough free space to accompany the game image =P Then burn that ISO to the DVD-R, and it should work.

P.S. If that is what you do then.......i have no idea lol

4. Drifty

Drifty Member

check for the guides on this forum, there are heaps in heaps of different threads..SEARCH! :p

make sure u burn at low speed (i.e. 1x) and use good media (verbatim or similar)

5. Nightdawg

Nightdawg Guest

I have researched a lot of information on this site. I have tried various ways. I have used DVD +r/rw and -r. Two different burners. None of them seem to work when copying a backup of my PS2 game. I have burnt at speeds of 1x and 2x. Still did not work. I can see the files listed that were copied onto the blank media when i look in the dvd drive of my computer and they look identical to the files listed when I look at the original DVD for the PS2.

My question is, would my PS2 V4 play backed up movies on DVD +RW without a chip normally. I have a DUO chip and before I had it installed it did not play backed up movies at all. Why will it not play the backed up games but will play backed up movies? When I insert the backed up game it says "Insert a PS2 game" or something like that.

Can anyone help?

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You can play backed up dvd movies on your ps2 without the use of a modchip or swap method. My v4 liked HP dvd+r 4x disks, but i haven't tried rewritables. You seem to be backing them up correctly, so I would guess it was the chip.

7. Nightdawg

Nightdawg Guest

dragula AC,

Thanks for the info. I had the laser replaced so I guess that is why it reads the backed up DVD's now. So, I guess the chip was installed incorrectly. Will have to find a diagram for the solder points and find someone who knows how to solder well.

Do you happen to know if the boot up would look any different with a DUO chip installed. Would there be anything that says DUO or something like that at the boot up? I have tried to look for info about that on the web but did not have luck. Only found info saying how to boot reg games, dvds, PSX, and backed up games by holding the reset button for 4-5 seconds. Anyone know where to find more info.?