1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what and how to convert bin/cue files to avi or dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bianaca29, Jan 17, 2007.

1. bianaca29

bianaca29 Member

Ok I had this stuff pretty well running smoothly.I was using VSOdivxtoDVd to convert all my files and then would run the auto VSO copytodvd function.This worked smoothly.But I have gotten some movie files that are bin/cue files and my converter only picks up the sample file in the folder.So Im taking it that it doesnt convert bin/cue files.I went through alot of mumbo jumbo to be able to convert my other ones and it was simply tow downloads of software to do this and it has worked easily.Can someone give me an understandable instructional fix on this without all the mumbo junk?

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  3. xxxzzz893

xxxzzz893 Member

Bianaca29, I was searching for answers to the very same question yesterday (01-18-07) and found nothing but guess's, "i think so's", "what do you want to that for's?" and programs that didn't work worth a crap. Anyway, I found my answer on another forum and MysticE's advice here is perfectly on track. vcdgear is free, simple, small & converts bin/cue to mpeg very easily. When I went to load the cue, it said it couldn't find the bin file, after I clicked "o.k." I had the option to select the bin file and did so, I then clicked "open" then "start". It saved it in less than five minutes in the same folder that the bin/cue files were in. From there I used vso's divxtodvd,(freeware also)and having a blank dvd-r in the tray it burned it as soon as it finished converting it. That part (converting and burning) took a couple of hours. I hope this helps. xxxzzz893 :)

4. bianaca29

bianaca29 Member

Yay finally a simple answer...n yes it did help..I knew about the divx to dvd program but I simply couldnt find something to help me with the bin/cue files..this is simple so thanx alot there pal lol...=)

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I presume you are aware that you can burn bin & cue files direct to CD disc as a viewable movie on a DVD player? What's therefore the point of converting?

6. xxxzzz893

xxxzzz893 Member

Your welcome. I just discovered however that the original bin cue files were deleted after conversion and I wasn't done uploading. Oh, and why do the dvd instead of cd? Cuz not all dvd players will play off a cd. Thanks everyone, xxxzzz893.

7. wsantiago

wsantiago Guest

8. wsantiago

wsantiago Guest

Thank you Bianca , this information really saved me alot of time. I spent all weekend trying to figure out how to convert a bin file to be able to use convertxtodvd. Again thank you!