1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are current DVD owners Leaning towards?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Rob423, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Rob423

Rob423 Member

I think its almost time to make a switch to start owning some HD content movies.

I have a few questions before I make any decision.

As of Now, Is it easier to Backup BluRay MOvies? or HD-DVD movies?

As of NOW, Who has the better burners for PC... BluRay or HD-DVD?

Which way is everyone leaning more towards? BluRay or HD-DVD
    rOb.

2. smurf316

smurf316 Guest

I think it's to soon to tell.
    i personely think bluray will be the winner. right now the players are still a little pricey and i don't want to invest in a player that will be useless in a couple of years. the smart thing to do is wait about a year or so when the players come down and we have a good idea who will dominate the market.

3. Rob423

Rob423 Member

well from the looks of it. Both products are in production. Certain Movie companies already decided who is gonna release what on what.

I think for the HOME use. There are just going to be WAY more Dual Mode type players that will play both formats. So regardless which format people use, their player will play both formats.

I'm just concerned on the Computer ripping/burning side of things.

As far as Blank Media and Software for the ripping/burning. I'm just curious which you guys will think maybe an easier "COPY" process within the 2 formats.

4. smurf316

smurf316 Guest

not sure...i tend to think bluray will be a little tougher since it's backed by sony. as you know sony goes to great extremes with their copy protection. i don't think both formats will be around for a long time as there must be a winner and a loser. once this is determined then other studios will come on board. it kinda like the war between beta and vhs during the early 80's.

5. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

HD DVD hands down.Better codecs and friendlier menus.Better audio too.

6. smurf316

smurf316 Guest

pool is right!
    HD-DVD is alot more friendly than BLURAY. right now HD has about 82% of the market according to the last numbers i looked at. i think we as a whole will be alot better off if HD-DVD is the winner in the long run but don't look for BLURAY to quit just yet. they'll hang in there until they have no other choice.