1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are superior DVD-R's to use for ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by traxstarr, Feb 22, 2007.

1. traxstarr

traxstarr Member

Hi, I am wandering what are the higher quality and/or how can you tell. I just started to "Backup"" games, I have just bought a ps2 slim and have a mod chip installed. Using dvd decryptor. But there are disks i have came across that are blue ps2 games and they seem not to burn can someone help me?

2. traxstarr

traxstarr Member

I haven't tried or going to use FUJIFILM DVDR's are these good?

3. steimy

steimy Active member

if the bottom of the PS2 disc is blue, it may be a CD based game and not a DVD. That would make it impossible to back up with DVD Decrypter. You could use something like CloneCD or possible Alcohol 120% instead and try it. If it copies to your PC and you get a BIN and CUE file then it is a CD and you burn the CUE file to a new CD.
    Best media:
    Taiyo Yuden
    Verbatim

4. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

taiyo yudens tyg02 pwn all. if you can get them do so quickly. don't listen to anyone here saying that other mids can do it too but they'll degrade yudens don't

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

I use Princo and Ritek always my old fat ps2 has used princo's since 2002 and I havent changed the laser onces.
    Ritek are better but its also the Burner oyu use if a burner likes a Princo but dosent like the Ritek the Princo after burnt with that Burner will have better qaulity and put less strain on your laser so you have to see which Medai Works well with your burner Ritek works well all over.

6. traxstarr

traxstarr Member

well i have pioneer internal dvd writer dual/double layer-dvr-710 what about vitebrit disks or the fuji disks. do they have to be dvd-r or dvd+r.. that is another question i am trying to figure out.. too thank you to all who will help or can help thanks

7. traxstarr

traxstarr Member

i have an image file and a mds file what do i do?

8. traxstarr

traxstarr Member

The other question is how fast should i be reading the game at..?

9. dazila

dazila Regular member

go into dvd decryptor click
    Mode>Iso>Write
    Select the MDS file
    Burn it to a DVD-R or Booktyped +R - -ROM, Just -R will do burn at half speed I recommend 4x on all discs but then again I always buy 8x discs or 4x just half teh discs maxumin speed.
    When Reading a DVD disc in dvd decryptor I havent seen any differences when I read at 11x to when I read at 4x so I just leave the setting on max.

10. traxstarr

traxstarr Member

ok well i have been using fujifilm and sony dvd-r's and here is the question can't seem to burn the cd games for ps2. the dvd games i can.
    Does your lazer wear out after awhile? HOw? I have had a mod chip put in by a computer tech, he said his son has never had a problem with his ..
    you guys are helpfull here thanks