1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are The Best CD-R's and DVD-R's to use?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by nukester, May 16, 2004.

1. nukester

nukester Member

Greetings all, i was hoping someone could fill me in on what manufacturer's are the best to buy CD-R's from for burning games for the PS2 and what are the best with DVD-R's. Thanks

I'm using a PS2 240v V10 with Messiah 2 PRO v1.33b

2. benagain

benagain Regular member

I've found (and also heard) that verbatim is the best DVD-r to use. They are pricy, so you can also go with Ritek G04 or G03 disks. They seem to be just as good and half the price. You can use cheaper disks, buty you can expect them to not work all the time. As for the CD-r's, I'm still trying to find a good brand to use myself. I've heard that the more expensive disks work, but I haven't heard of a particular brand yet.

3. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

hey nukester, I have been using memorex dvd+r for the longest time and in my (opinion) I think they are good media... but... ritek's g04 are really good and cheaper at http://www.meritline.com

as for cd-r I think they are all the same, Iv used so many differnt brands that to me it's all the same in my (opinion) again. Hope I helped

4. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

If you want to compare prices, check out www.pricegrabber.com . I bought a 100 pack tdk 2x dvd-r from best buy for $189 and with tax, it came to $205.54.

I was running low recently and I checked out www.pricegrabber.com and compared prices and I bought from www.buy.com. It was $119.99 total (no tax and free shipping)!!! It saved me $85.55 by using www.pricegrabber.com .

5. nd595

nd595 Member

The best for the priec in my opinion is Princo. Can get 100 4X dvd-r for $54. I've burned over 500 and so far i haven't had an error. The ritek G04's are good too but for the extra cash they aren't as good as the princos. I've heard you can get bad batches of princos but i haven't ever gotten any. I really don't see the point in spending tons of money on expensive media but if you got the cash you can TDK or any of those other expensive media, i would recommend staying away from Memorex, i bought a 10 pack awhile back and had 2 coasters, and they are over priced any how

6. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

I find the best dvd-r media for ps2 is datasafe media, i hav only ever had 1 problem. They are also cheap about gbp 1.00