1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what are the best settings to use when burning cd and dvd based games? my backups won't play correct

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by brandonb, Nov 27, 2004.

1. brandonb

brandonb Regular member

I"m using a version 1 ps2, verbatim dvd+r disc. the games i've copied don't play as well as my original copies. GTA san andreas is missing buildings in places and keeps going to a message screen saying cannot read disc. tiger woods 2005 freezes once you set up a match and try to load it. mortal kombat deception has enormous load times and the audio doesn't match the video most of the times. and nba live 2005 plays well. it is a little slow sometimes but plays better than all the others. i was figuring there was a problem with the settings im buring with. i've used different programs to rip and burn the games like dvd decriptor and dvd santa. i burn at either 2.4x or 1x. or maybe all riped games play slow and lag? is that the problem? or is it a burn speed problem?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

your problem is using +r discs. your lucky your v1 ps2 even thinks about reading them.

3. brandonb

brandonb Regular member

i figured the ps2 was having trouble reading them cuz when it is reading the disc it makes abnormal noises. much different than the originals. so is there anything i can do to help my ps2 read them cuz it really wants to, i can tell. im kidding but for real i want it to so can i change my disc type to help it out?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if you can, use -r discs.