1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the effects when you don't shut down properly?

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Chemmn, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Chemmn

Chemmn Member

What are the effects when you don't shut down properly?

I just a brought a new computer with Vista and I shut down the computer but the thing won’t shut down . So I get tired of waiting and I take the battery cell out because that’s the only way the computer will shut down. What are the effects of doing that and why doesn’t my computer shut down properly when I hit the shut down button?

Thank you in Advance,
    Chemmn

P.S. I do the same thing with my desktop that has Window XP.

2. totty68

totty68 Regular member

hi chemmn,,new pc,,i would be back at the shops by now n let them do the work with it

3. rocky999

rocky999 Member

There are a lot of temp files open when running windows.
    If you shut down by yanking the power there is very good chance you will end up with a corrupt file and your computer will not boot.

4. mramirez

mramirez Member

Take it back, if your comp has Vista, its still under warranty....but yeah, you'll damage your computer if you pull the battery out.

Better than pulling the battery...just hold the power button down for like 3-5 seconds.

5. Chemmn

Chemmn Member

I turn on my computer in the morning and it seems fine. Nothing wrong with it now. Shutting down and starting is the same when I brought it. It's Normal. Being impatient just got the best of me. Thanks for all of the advice. I won't ever unplug the battery cell out again.