1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What box to choose?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by tony2toes, Aug 23, 2007.

1. tony2toes

tony2toes Member

Hi guys, I have DN service already hooked up. I plan on getting a switch and an fta box. I figured since the dish is already pointing at the sats it should be easy and no I do not have a phone line plugged in. My question is? What box do you recommend, I would like something that is fairly easy to work with. I have a 1080p tv and was considering the coolsat 8000hd. Is it worth it or should I go with something like a pansat 3500? Thanks.

2. tony2toes

tony2toes Member

Anyone? No advice for a noob?

3. breck68

breck68 Guest

If you have HD TV, you may want to look at a HD receiver.
    Don't let the setup and maintenance scare you. The 1st or 2nd time updating bins and keys take some learning at first, but it doesn't take long once you've done it a couple of times. It eventually becomes as easy as putting your socks on in the morning. LOL

There are many brands and models available and there are many forums to assist you and walk you through many of the steps.

Before you buy, do your research.

Coolsat 8000 HD or 8100 HD PVR are 2 types.

Somebody else may know some other HD receivers.

4. 1roofer

1roofer Member

of all the different boxes my friends have, i find that the coolsat is the easiest to use. the 6000 premium or as breck says the 8000 hd is also an awesome box. enjoy

5. tony2toes

tony2toes Member

Thank you guys a lot for the replies, it really sounds like the coolsat is the way to go. Thanks agian this is the kick in the a$$ I was looking for. :)